Thanks

That's okay! welcome Rita!

Thanks

hi there!!

Thanks

Default wow where to begin?

Quote Originally Posted by fullofgummibears View Post
    where to begin. beginning i guess.

So i have been diagnosed when Lupus in March of this year.. but having trouble finding treatments because i cant find a stable Rheumatologist. the first one would only spend like five mins with each patient. When he finally diagnosed me he couldnt even answer my questions of what lupus was and told me to look online then gave me some pills and went on his way to the next patient. I finally had my other doctors apt june 27th with another doctor who sent me for blood work which i went to the next day then i called back a few days later friday to find out my results. after first the secratary put me on the phone with the nurse who said some things look ok but other things look UNUSUAL... so she would have to wait to get comments from the doctor and call me back.. all day i was nervious because though these past few days i felt my flare ups growing and unusual was a concern for me because he was checking my kidneys. so an hour before they closed i called back only to get the answer of "oh the doctor didnt get to any of his call backs so he'll get back to you." go figure he never called back. now there was a 3 day weekend a head of us of me worried. SO TUES comes around and i called back to only get the same responses! NOW THURSDAY comes around and i go to my primary doctor to get my blood work and to do research myself... from what i can understand.. i think things are of some concern. why are some doctors so rude? he should not even have his medical licence and treat patients in such a way.

I finally have a new doctor who seems nice because she heard my story and pushed my apt with her to tues and feel really ill.

Oh and on top of that i had to take one day off of work on sat. because i am really sick cant get out of bed and my job yells at me.

has anyone been in my situation of an any help to ease the aches and pains

Hi Rita, welcome again. Yes I have repeatedly been treated poorly but docs, but I can honestly say, they are not all like that. I have 2 pretty good ones now. With each new trouble I cross I prepare myself for the new doc misunderstood hell. Lol Become a good secretary of all your medical reports, symptoms, etc. Learn all you can on the forum and ask. I now you will receive lots of good advice here.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi again Rita! Your story sounds like so many that I have heard. Too often the doctors cause us as much trouble as the disease! They just make you wonder if you are crazy and, when all goes well, you finally figure out that THEY ARE the crazy ones!

Glad you found us and I look forward to getting to know you better

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

hi rita, and welcome

Thanks

hello steve! and thanks tgal! that really makes me feel good because i started feeling overwhelmed and crazy and cornered. but even on just being on this site for a day i am feeling so relieved. this site has showed me so much as i am not alone and there are so many mean people out there and how to deal with them!!!

and thanks i look foward to getting to know you all as well

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fullofgummibears View Post
    ok i didnt mean to post this here... still new to the site
    Hello fullofgummibears,

That's ok mate, we all need to get used to sites when joining as other's work different to other ones.

I am pleased you've managed to drop on rheumo who will help you more and i'm in the same position, saw my rheumo who had young doctor's in with him training her spoke more to them than me but my bloods came in saying what's in my signature and since my 1st appointment in 2yrs i've not seen him since and if i need help it's leaving messages for the sister's to get intouch or if you feel to bad your sent into the day unit, so your not on your own here as there's so many member's in the sme boat.

Terry xxx