Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cold hands

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default cold hands

It is 74F where I'm sitting. I'm barefoot, wearing a tshirt and yoga pants. I'm comfortable with the exception that my hands are FREEZING. They aren't blue, or white, just their normal color. They don't hurt (my feet and hips have that covered today), they are just plain FREEZING. They are slightly stiff but that is normal for me. It isn't a case of my mind thinking my hands are cold but they really aren't- no, my hands really are quite cold. As in if I put my hands on my face YIKES! I've tried hand exercises to get the blood flowing and I just have well exercised COLD hands. Very cold hands. From my fingertips to my wrists. Both of them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Wear gloves all the time. Watch to make sure they dont change color. Raynauds sucks really bad. Gloves help me with my cold hands and hats. You lose a lot of body heat through your head.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, InterstitialLung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 10mg Norvasc, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, 10mg Flexeril, 4mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

Thanks

I get cold hands too. They seem to be better right now but I have noticed it since my symptoms have gotten more pronounced
    Melanie

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,127 Posts

if it is circulation issues. they will be sensitive to heat.
    warm them slowly.
    gloves are good, i also use a hot water bottle under a towel.

Thanks

Hi ruziska,

If you have'nt been checked for Raynauds then i'd ask about it.

I've got Raynauds and it's summer here and i'm typing in white gloves, your hands don't always have to go different colours you may just have primary raynauds but at the end of the day it still shuts down your blood vessels until you get to a certain warmth and they open back up for blood to flow, so i do suggest putting on gloves to help yourself.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ruziska View Post
    It is 74F where I'm sitting. I'm barefoot, wearing a tshirt and yoga pants. I'm comfortable with the exception that my hands are FREEZING. They aren't blue, or white, just their normal color. They don't hurt (my feet and hips have that covered today), they are just plain FREEZING. They are slightly stiff but that is normal for me. It isn't a case of my mind thinking my hands are cold but they really aren't- no, my hands really are quite cold. As in if I put my hands on my face YIKES! I've tried hand exercises to get the blood flowing and I just have well exercised COLD hands. Very cold hands. From my fingertips to my wrists. Both of them.

Any suggestions?
    This happens to me too. Especially in the winter, the AC and in the shade on a hot day (just great since I can't be in the sun on those days!). I also have Raynaud's. Other than the gloves, also try keeping your hands lubed up with lotion - the rubbing motion helps with circulation and does keep them warmer a bit. I also find a light sweater or socks sometime helps, but not always. The gloves are a good idea and work pretty well. I keep a cheapy pair with me and they are bright lime green so they look a little funny but I don't really care.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

I have the same problem, It's 90f here today and my hand's are ice cold even with gloves on.
    Ritzbit, Sandy r & Peridot20-gem have given some good advice, I also wear white gloves
    nearly 24-7 also rub mine down often with jojoba oil and lotions and still they will
    be ice cold from knuckles to finger tip's but from knuckles back to my rist is bright red.
    Raynaud's dose suck! I have also purchased a small heating pad for at home i put my hand's
    in to warm them up and get the blood flowing. ~Diane~
    ~Where Hope Grow's, Miracle's Blossom~
    Diagnosed,
    (CNS) Vasculitis, Lupus, Neuro-Behcet's, Raynaud's, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes, Earley M.S., Buerger's Syndrome.

Thanks

I have an "illegal" heater in my office although the thermostat reads 72 degrees. My hands, feet and ears are always cold. I can't type with gloves on, so that's out. Sometimes, I take off my heels and put on my socks and tennis shoes to warm up my feet,(which sometimes warms up the rest of me, too).I look like a dork walking around the office but sometimes I just get tired of caring.

Raynaud's sucks!

Thanks

Ruziska,

Did you manage to sort something out with your hands so they was'nt so cold, as i do know it can hurt the fingers terrible.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I went to JoAnn Fabrics and Crafts and bought a pair of Dritz brand cotton/lycra fingertipless gloves. Bright lime green! They seem to be doing the trick.