Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: If plaquenil or immunosuppression makes your ANA negative or affects other blood work

Thanks

Would someone really need Imuran & Plaquenil both? What does one do that the other doesn't?

Thanks

I'm having a great morning. The fatigue isn't half as bad as usual. My nerve pain is calm. No muscle aches, just my back hurts. I've been able to keep busy the past couple of hours. I'm so happy. Had to share the good news with you all. I'm going to even take the plunge and go for a walk this morning.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 1,140 Posts

great to hear you are having a good day.

the diary is a good idea. many of us use one.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,744 Times in 1,213 Posts

Hi maryalice,

To answer your question yes, people can and do need both plaquenil and Imuran. They are two different kinds of medicines and treat the body two different ways. Steve Bryce actually posted awhile back about the difference between them. It is two early for my brain to get into it but I will try to find his post. It was very good
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

It's wearing off but at least I got 7 good hours today. Sure is better than nothing.

Thanks

This is an old thread but brings up a question I have....I was never given an ANA test during my long flare but was treated with various creams that made it worse then benadryl and triamcinlone or something like that stopped it or it just stopped on its onw not sure....biopsied during facial rash dx SLE....then put on Hydroxycholoquine. So when I have my first rheumy visit in Feb if she runs an ANA it will probably come up negative b/c of the med? I would like not to have this but all signs point to I do...although this important ANA test was never done...should that be a concern?
    Thanks,
    Heron

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

It is possible that, if treated, the test result could be negative. However, that is not a solid outcome and it might behoove you to request the ANA test anyway. It is one of the more important tests for Lupus. I wish you the best of luck! Keep us posted.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hi Saysusie,
    When the derma wanted to draw blood over a month ago I assumed he would do the ANA test... I should have asked ....
    Maybe they still have my blood and I can request the test? I have done that with my GP ask for an additional test but it was less than a month. Of course that means I will have to make another apt and do that long drive...but maybe they might do it and just call me...any experience with that?
    And I assume at 1st rheumy visit in a couple of wks she will want to do tests and I hope she does not mind I am already on meds and doing better I am tired of drs getting their feelings hurt. The derma was really panicky abt getting me on Hydroxychlorquine. Will hv to check if we have an abreviation for that med
    Thanks,
    Heron

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

We cannot be too concerned about our doctors getting their feelings hurt. They are not living with our disease and, therefore, are not suffering with our symptoms. Do ask your rheumy, when you see him, about the tests. I'm not sure if they can run the test on blood that they already have..you will have to ask them about that. I've never heard of it being done, however.
    Let us know how it goes!!
    Best of luck to you.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!