Thread: New To The Site

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default New To The Site

Hi...I am almost 53, about 18 months into MCTD ( RA, SLE, Hashimotos, Sjogrens, Mysositis, CREST, Scleroderma, etc ) and trying my best to handle it, along with major family issues. I am doing ok, but to be very honest, sometimes, I think no one " gets " it. I end up angry, frustrated and isolated. There I go, whining again. I went online and found this board and as I have read various posts, I thought - thank you for being here.
    Still In The Game

Thanks

Welcome, fellow midwestern-er! We're also about the same age. I was dx'd a few years ago, and am doing pretty well - SLE is relatively mild, I only have passing issues with Sjogrens or Reynaud's.

This forum is a wonderful place - I've learned so much and met so many people here who understand and share! Saysusie (the moderator) is a wealth of knowledge, I'm so grateful for her creating and maintaining this site.

There's a Lupus Foundation chapter in Chicago - a bit far for me to attend meetings, and probably for you as well. But they have a newsletter that is interesting.

Hugs of welcome --

Thanks

Welcome. This is a great forum and you are not whining, all of us need to vent about how frustrating it is to be sick. I think a lot of us can relate to no one understanding what we are going through. I have found lupus to be a very lonely disease. There is a great website: butyoudontlooksick.com that has the spoon theory which really helps others understand what it is like to have a chronic and debilitating illness. Take care and I'm glad you found us.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Khariss;
    Welcome to our family. As you can see, everyone here is understanding and caring. We are here so that you can vent and be supported and get answers.
    Believe me, we have all felt the isolation and depression of this disease. Please know that, whatever you are feeling, you are not alone!!
    Also, know that we certainly understand and are here to offer help in any way that we can
    Again
    Welcome :lol:
    Saysusie