Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: I need your help, what are symptoms of autoimmune disease?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    pinjarra, western australia
    Posts
    2,925
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,398
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

    Default

    you are paying the bills.................pay them to someone else.
    go find a new specialist.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    156
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    Screw rhematologists !!!!!! haha. I don't care if I never see another one again. If my family doctor gives me medications to treat this, and keeps an eye on me, why would I need one? Does it matter to me if they want to call it fibromyalgia, MCTD, or MS. No, because regardless of the diagnosis, I know that I am sick, and nothing matters to me but getting better. I'm looking forward to the journey in finding out how treatment for MCTD goes.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,998
    Thanks
    256
    Thanked 146 Times in 77 Posts

    Default

    MaryAlice,

    She should not have blown you off. With an ANA test that high she should start excluding what it isn't...like Raynauds, Sjogren's, Scleroderma ....A positive ANA test result may suggest an autoimmune disease, but additional specific testing is required to assist in making a final diagnosis. It is uncommon to have a positive ANA and be healthy. You have some kind of inflammation going on inside you. Did she check your ESR or CRP..

    About 95% of those with Lupus have a positive ANA test result, but that doesn't mean the other 5% do not have Lupus either.

    I would suggest a referral to another RA, ensure you bring a copy of your recent labwork....and a history of your symptoms dating back to the beginning. It is not uncommon for RA not to treat Fibro, so ensure you ask. With Lupus we have many overlapping disease. I too have SLE, Fibro, GERD, DDD, RLS, SJS...and a few other acronyms....

    Be well,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Oluwa For This Useful Post:

    tgal (05-08-2011)

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    156
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    Oluwa, my RNP is high too. I don't have any other antigens in my blood work. And yes, she checked my inflammatory markers and said they all looked good. I think in regarding that, they should have told me in the past, that I needed that checked when I was bedridden for weeks at a time. When she checked it, I was not in a flare, and have been getting weekly Toradol injections since March, which is a like in one shot, taking 1000 advil's all at once, not that I told her that, I had no reason to argue with a doctor I never cared to see again. Yes, she could have taken these results a bit more seriously, and followed up with me to keep an eye on it, even if she didn't feel like a diagnosis was appropriate, but she was such a dog about it, acting like I can use the power of my mind to get over the way I feel.

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    156
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    If your feet turn red after you've been walking, but they don't look swollen, what is that? It wasn't an issue with wearing tennis shoes because I had flip flops on.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •