Thread: ANA question

Thanks

Default ANA question

Hi I haven't posted in awile, but have a question, recently actually yesterday my rheumie told me my ANA level was thru the roof at 1:1080, what I need to know it what are they results of this being this high? My hips have been acting up big time along with some facial numbness, fatigue, feeling cold all the time, achy, h/a's, lot's of other symptoms, like blurry vision, dizziness, I've been on MTX x 1 year now. Thanks.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi Morning Star,

As you already know there is no single test for Lupus but in conjunction with your other symptoms the ANA being that high is a good sign that you are in a Lupus flare and that your Lupus is not in control at the moment. Most likely your doctor will be running some more blood tests and making some changing to your medications in order to help you feel better and to stop the attack on your body.

Hope that helps some
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Hi Morning star,

Your ANA might be high but you do need furthur tests to prove if you do have Lupus or any autoimmune diseases connected to your symptoms.

A few of your symptoms i get from the sjogren's disease and Lupus but you do need furthur confirmation from blood tests and their results.

I do wish you all the best Terri xxx