Thread: Saw Gyno about polyps and operation to stop me bleeding (It helps lady member's)

Thanks

Thumbs up Saw Gyno about polyps and operation to stop me bleeding (It helps lady member's)

I'm adding this thread as it helps lady member's on the site who i've come across who bleed like myself besides having periods.
    I went and saw the surgeon this morning in the gyno department and showed him my period dates and they're all over the place and he nodded his head.
    I was took through and filled of fluid for the internal scan to see if i had a polyps, i do have one in the lining of the cervix but the internal scan was done where i had my biopsy and it felt like a large knitting needle going in me, i went and empted myself of the fluid and bleeding started again which they said i would have for a few days.
    I went back in and spoke with the surgeon and signed a consent form for the operation for the (Novasure) operation and while he does that he'll remove the polyps.
    He's doing full anesthetic because of my seizure's instead of local and the operation usually takes 30-45mins to do but he told me i'll be in their 2hrs having both done.
    Once the operation is done i will never see a period again, as it burns the uterus out so when a period is due on a woman there's nothing for the uterus to lose and my pre-op is on the 24th may to test my heart and blood pressure etc and he's then adding me to the short list for the operation.
    He said the bleeding needs stopping because of my anaemia.

I'm pleased about this because i feel something's finally happening at least in one department and he was a lovely surgeon to speak with.
    Last edited by Peridot20_Gem; 04-27-2011 at 05:09 AM.

Thanks

Im so glad your finaly getting some where with your doctors, and most of all to relive you of some of your pain and bleeding, and other bad symptoms it causes. Although im sorry you had to go through the pain of the test, you got the results you and your dr's needed to help you to feel better with the outcome. Im so happy for you and will sure be praying for your surgery and a speedy recovery and that all go's well!! It is a wonderful feeling when you get a good and careing dr. and that explanes all things well and is very concerned about your health.
    will be wishing you all the best and keeping you in my prayer's as always!!!
    Love and Hug's to you and may the rest of your day be a restful one! ~ DIANE ~
    ~Where Hope Grow's, Miracle's Blossom~
    Diagnosed,
    (CNS) Vasculitis, Lupus, Neuro-Behcet's, Raynaud's, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes, Earley M.S., Buerger's Syndrome.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ~LUVMYFLOWERS~ For This Useful Post:

Peridot20_Gem (04-27-2011)

Thanks

Hello Diane,

Thanks alot mate, i told ste when i got back i feel pleased and he could'nt understand why at first until i told him at least one problem will be getting solved soon out the road.
    He was a smashing surgeon though diane and did find it important to stop the blood and is doing the polyps on the day of my operation to save me going through two things twice. I posted this though also diane because i came across other member's bleeding like myself beside periods and i did look it up and apparentley Lupus can cause the extra bleeding, what don't Lupus cause.

Well i hope i recover from the operation quickly when it does happen and come june when i do see the lady gyno i shall be starting tablets to help my bladder also.

Diane have a nice day & your always in my thoughts mate & i hope you got your B12 sorted before you go any lower in yourself.

Love to you as always Terri ~xoxoxoxox~

Thanks

Terri,
    It's great that you are finally getting something taken care of properly. Wow, this gets several things done at once, and once you get the bladder problems under control, you should feel so much better.
    I seem to be into full menopause right now. It will soon be three months since I've had a cycle. I have to go 12 months without one to be considered done. I sure hope that I'm on my way to that. I've had night sweats for a while, and now I've started experiencing hot flashes during the day. I'll be glad when it's all over.
    Good luck with your surgery. Keep us all posted on how you are doing.
    Hugs,
    Marla

6. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

Peridot20_Gem (04-28-2011)

Thanks

Hi Marla,

I can't tell you how pleased about it i am, i just need that problem out the road to cope with the rest and when i start the tablets for my bladder i'll let you know what they are and give me a month with them and i'll tell you if they're any good.
    Marla when you stop your periods in the menopause women i've known and my mom included have gone 3yrs, then had one last show and that's it their monthly's have finished but it can't be the same for everyone.
    My mom had those hot flushes and they drove her mad, when never knew if the window belonged open or shut.lol

Marla i'll keep everyone posted mate and i hope the change does'nt give you hell because you dow need it how you are.

Look after mate & all my love Terri xxx

Thanks

Terri I am so pleased you are finally getting your bleeding under control.

Even though I am suffering quite badly from complications from my hysterectomy nearly 4 months ago, I am so glad my anaemia has gone, not to mention the added pain every month is NO MORE! I know when you recover from your operation, you will enjoy your new freedom, and increased energy.
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Linda From Australia For This Useful Post:

Peridot20_Gem (04-29-2011)

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Terri;
    I, too, am so happy to hear that something is finally going to be done to help you and to put an end to that problem at least. Yes, please keep us posted and I hope that your surgery is scheduled very soon, that your recuperation is swift and that your prognosis is excellent and lasts forever

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

Peridot20_Gem (04-29-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Linda From Australia View Post
    Terri I am so pleased you are finally getting your bleeding under control.

Even though I am suffering quite badly from complications from my hysterectomy nearly 4 months ago, I am so glad my anaemia has gone, not to mention the added pain every month is NO MORE! I know when you recover from your operation, you will enjoy your new freedom, and increased energy.
    Hi Linda,

It will be one more less problem out the way hopefully and they said it needs to be stopped with the anaemia.

Sorry to hear your still having problems for your hysterectomy, i asked for that years ago while under the brain surgeon and he would'nt let me have it and it looks well you need to have Lupus to get things sorted but i am pleased your anaemia as gone.

Well i hope i have more energy linda i go for my B12 Jab next friday, i go and see my dermo next week thank god as i've got a right flare at the moment, then the Jab and on the saturday a full scan all over my body. NEVER ENDS MATE LOL

Luv Terri xxx

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saysusie View Post
    Terri;
    I, too, am so happy to hear that something is finally going to be done to help you and to put an end to that problem at least. Yes, please keep us posted and I hope that your surgery is scheduled very soon, that your recuperation is swift and that your prognosis is excellent and lasts forever

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Hi Saysusie,

Thanks alot mate, i just hope the pre-op goes successfully checking everything before the operation because i'm abit worried having low blood pressure, so i'm keeping my fingers crossed. Well i to hope it lasts for good and no more none sense after that.

Luv Terri xxx