Thread: Which Dr do I see? Gets confusing!!!

Thanks

Default Which Dr do I see? Gets confusing!!!

Good evening everyone,

I am confused on when I contact my Rheumatologist or contact my PCP. I have been having really bad pains in my feet and having a hard time walking sometimes. Do I wait for my Rheum appt on Monday or call my PCP? I never know if my Rheum will deal with certain things having this disease and refer me or does my regular dr.

Thank you for your help and have a great evening!

Brenda

Thanks

If you aren't on any medication for pain, you could probably get your PCP to give you something for that, or even a steriod shot in the office to ease the pain. Anything that pertains to the Lupus, pains and such, should go to your rhematologist, anything else, like colds, or whatever, should be directed to your PCP. I had a kidney infection, my rhematologist said she would not treat it, but she did do a urinalysis for me and sent it over to my PCP, since I was there anyways.

Thanks

Thank you for replying. I guess with some of this it's hard to know what is related to what lol. If I can hang in there til Monday I will wait for my Rheum appt. Trying to eliminate as many co-payments as I can.

Thanks again

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Always start with the PCP, they will know who you should be seeing.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Nonna is right. Usually start with the PCP. Since you have an appointment Monday I understand waiting but just remember that the Rhuemy will only treat something autoimmune related. The GP will handle everything else or send you to the right doctor.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

I guess it is just hard to know what is related and what is not. It does make sense to let my GP make that determination. I have looked online a bit and I have the symptoms of Peripheral Neuropathy, which would be possibly related. This whole thing is so confusing but I am thankful for all the wonderful people on here. I have learned more here than I have from my dr!

Thanks

Hello bkm0117,

Did you manage to sort out who to see in the end and if so did you get anywhere with them??

Please keep we update please. xxx