Thread: The Plaquenil is way to much for my system

Thanks

Unhappy The Plaquenil is way to much for my system

Well as alot of you know besides giving me excellent support regarding the plaquenil, come next Tuesday i've got to phone the hospital and speak with the sister about it.

Where plaquenil is great for alot of people but is still a known factor it does'nt suite everyone i'm one of those people, i've carried on after seeing the doctor after 8wks and really thought i could mentally cope as i needed something to help my system but the side affects are way to much, wheather it's because i take high dosages of other meds i have'nt got a clue but i do feel mentally down not being able to fight the affects.

I shall know the final outcome of what's to happen with it when next week comes but i can't thank the member's on the site enough for all your full support and for pushing me along and i'll let everyone know as soon as i do myself.

(Thank you all for your full support) xoxox

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,740 Times in 1,211 Posts

You are completely right that there is a group that doesn't deal with plaquenil well. Thankfully for most it isn't an issue but when it is you know it and shouldn't try to suffer through a medicine that isn't helping or is making you ill in new ways. I have never wanted to force anyone to take it I just don't want people to get scared off because of how it affects some.

I am so sorry that it didn't work for you. I do hope you get to feeling better and please give us an update after the doctor
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,102 Posts

sorry you are not suited to this drug.
    what options are open to you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    You are completely right that there is a group that doesn't deal with plaquenil well. Thankfully for most it isn't an issue but when it is you know it and shouldn't try to suffer through a medicine that isn't helping or is making you ill in new ways. I have never wanted to force anyone to take it I just don't want people to get scared off because of how it affects some.

I am so sorry that it didn't work for you. I do hope you get to feeling better and please give us an update after the doctor
    Hi Mari,

I can say it's an excellent drug for the skin, refering my joints i'm not sure as you can't tell by 12wks of being on it, i wish anyone all the best who can cope with the side affects but they're just way to much for my body.

When i phone the sister this week i'll let everyone know and i'll just make do with the paracetamol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve.bryce View Post
    sorry you are not suited to this drug.
    what options are open to you.
    Hi Steve,

It's way to much for me mate besides i take a load of other meds and are on high dosages with them, the only other option they gave me was presidone and a tablet to stop it causing me brittle bones, i did'nt want it because it's a steroid been on them inthe past and they don't suite me but when it was looked up against my other drugs it would counter react straight away with my tegretol and cause me to fit more and steve it's a wonder i've got a body left with the bad seizures i have.

Thanks

Hello Terri, Sorry your still haveing bad affects from the plaquenil. It was the first drug my rummy gave me when dx with lupus and mctd, and like you i took it for 3 months suffering with side affects hopeing they would subside and id get to feeling better. Till the end of the 3rd month on it i phoned my rummys nurse and told her of the symptoms i was still haveing on it
    severe burning skin and felt like my insides were on fire. The nurse called back and my rummy said to stop the plaq immediately it was a reaction to the plaquenil and i was also one of the
    people that couldent take it either. It is always good to be on the safe side and phone the dr. or nurse when they give us new med's and you are getting sicker or haveing bad affects from the medicine that arent getting better.
    I know when we have so much going on and are so sick all we can do is try the med's in hopes it will help. Sure hope the sister and dr's can find a medicine that will work with your other med's to get you to felling Lot's better.
    Big Hug's to you!! ~ Diane ~
    ~Where Hope Grow's, Miracle's Blossom~
    Diagnosed,
    (CNS) Vasculitis, Lupus, Neuro-Behcet's, Raynaud's, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes, Earley M.S., Buerger's Syndrome.

Thanks

Hello Diane,

It seems i'm in the same boat as yourself mate, it's actually helped my skin to a certain degree but i'm having bad breathing trouble/panic attacks
    terrible pain across my lungs which is putting more pressure on me with my muscles swollen already around my lungs and if ste goes out i'm on the phone asking him to come back in a panic state.
    Diane they've only offered me presidone besides and a tablet to take with it for brittle bones and when they checked it, it would counter react with my tegretol straight away besides me not wanting steroids, it will be just taking the paracetamol and hoping it helps abit.

~Diane love to you as always & all the best for wednesday~ xxx

Thanks

Hi Terri,
    I'm sorry that Plaq didn't work for you. Hopefully, the docs can come up with a safe alternative for you.
    When do you see the rheumy again? There are some new meds out there recently. Maybe you could be a candidate to try one of them.
    Keep us posted, and take care.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Hello Marla,

It is a shame it's been making me bad but i don't think there's another alternative besides the presidone and i can't have that.
    My appointment for the Rheumo is in August then it was cancelled i phoned them and asked why and apparentely now they notify you of your appointment 5-6wks before the dates due, it's the doctor's ruling now.

Marla there may be new drugs out mate but i'm sorry i won't be a gunnie pig for them, done all that in the past some made me ill and they had to withdraw me quick, the only one which as'nt affected me and that's the keppra i take for my seizures that was a new drug on the market and i was worried but ste said give it a go and i'm glad i did and my epilepsey nurse took it to the highest she could go.

Well i've got to phone the doctor's tomorrow to see him about a cyst that bursted tonight on my face and it needs looking at and while there i'll mention the plaquenil (kill two birds with one stone) as they put it.

You takecare dear friend. xxx

Thanks

Just a quick update about the plaquenil.

Went and saw a stand in GP for my doctor today such a lovely woman, told her the situation about the plaquenil as i could'nt get intouch with the sister at the hospital and alo about me seeing my GP previous and him wanting me to try another 2mths and told her i can't do it, the effects are to strong, so she's cancelled it off my prescription and i'm to come off it slowly.

So each day i shall slowly chip away some of the tablet till i finish, so i don't get no side affects or craving's for the drug.