Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Update on Rob

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Default Update on Rob

Hi everyone,

Friday night I had the worst flare up of Trigeminal Neuralgia that I have ever experienced. After about two hours of blinding pain in my head, I drove myself to the ER. The flare lasted for over four hours before I finally got some pain reliever that was effective. The pain was enough that I got sick to my stomach, and then passed out at the ER. My dad came and took me home, as I couldn't drive. I spent all day yesterday and last night at my parents house. The pain meds they gave me work, but make me sick to my stomach. Needless to say, it's been a rough weekend.

I'm home right now feeding my cats, but later I'm going back over to my parents house, and I'll be spending the night there again. All of this means that my choices for treating the TGN are narrowing, and I will be speaking to my neurologist tomorrow about my options which only include surgery at this point. There is a procedure called Gamma Knife that's minimally invasive, and that's probably what I'll go with. I have no idea the when and how at this point, only that I'm seeing my neuro tomorrow to discuss options.

Anyway, I'm hanging in there, I have plenty of supportive people around me, and I have a gameplan, so all is well for now. I'll be checking in here when I can. I hope you all have a great Easter! (or at least a better one than me!)

Rob

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,127 Posts

please let us know the details when you work out what is happenning.
    thinking of you over this hard time

you have probably read all you need but this was interesting to me
    http://www.jonathanborden-md.com/gam...%20dental.html
    Last edited by steve.b; 04-24-2011 at 06:07 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

rob (04-25-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am very sorry for the pain and misery you are going through and i am glad that you have such a supportive family. You will be on my prayer list. Get well Love Bonita

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

OMG Rob I am so sorry! I can't even imagine having TN pain that long. My thoughts are with you. Please keep us posted when you can.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sorry your weekend hasn't gone well for you. Take a rest, and I hope you'll feel a little better. Happy Easter
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much"- Mother Teresa

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Good thoughts and prayers headed your way. Please keep us updated, we care.

Nonna

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sending prayers & lots of (((hugs)))!
    Lauren

Thanks

Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well, Rob, but glad to know you've got a gameplan and some relief, albeit temporary.

Take care and keep us updated on how things go once you see the neuro.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Well, it's 7am, and I made it through another night. I'm still sick to my stomach, and I've been having these night-sweats and what can best be called "night terrors". I wake up terrified of something, I don't know what. It's an awful sensation, and the fear is very real feeling. I don't understand this at all. It's like a nightmare that doesn't stop when I wake up. It goes away after maybe 15 minutes.

I had another TGN flare start to come on last night, but I took the pain med and it stopped it before the flare took hold. So, there's one victory amongst all of the madness! I'm waiting for the neuro's office to open, so I can get the ball rolling on my next step in treatment, whatever that may be.

Thank you guys, for all you do. Seeing all these familiar names and faces, these people I consider to be some of the best friends I have, wishing me well, has really helped me cope. You guys have helped me keep the fear under control. There isn't much that scares me anymore, but I have been honestly very scared the past few days and nights. Thats not a normal state of mind for me.

Rob

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Galaxy Quest

Never Surrender
    Never Give UP

My son had night terrors. Good thoughts and hugs, I know all about them.

Toni