Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can you get a diagnosis with a Positive ANA Negative ESR

Thanks

No, that's not okay. Wow, I can't even imagine. I'm sorry they put you through that. I am not a vegetarian. I have irritable bowel, small bowel inflammation and upper GI issues. My diet is fine lack the fact that I drink diet sprite instead of water. I am getting B12 shots monthly and taking Vitamin D prescription weekly. My B12 has came back up, but I don't feel any improvement whatsover from either medication. I also have really bad congenitive issues. I'd be one place, end up at another, and no recollection of the time in between, I've ran stop signs, stop lights, my brain wouldn't say stop when a car would stop, and I almost wrecked into them quite a few times. I went on adderall short term and it helped that. I cannot balance my checkbook anymore. I'm going to an appt and end up driving the wrong way, and end up realizing what I am doing. Try to open my house with the push button on my car key. Stick my hair brush in the refrigerator, not remember doing so. So much stupid stuff, I could keep going on and on. Everyone thinks I'm just ditzy. My PCP said it's probably just the fatigue. My neuro wants to do a brain MRI since it's only been going on the past few years. I think it's just the disease, my nervous system is a wreck. I doubt the MRI will show anything, unless it's MS, but he seems to think with my blood tests that it's autoimmune now. And I am way too young to have alzheimer's. The bactrim is helping me too, it's amazing though I'm taking it after the fact, that it still works.

Thanks

I need you all's help with something here. I'm just not sure what to do. I'm not really dead bent on the diagnosis issue, if I can get a CFS diagnosis with Fibro, I don't care, as long as they acknowledge my immune system is overactive and that is why I am so tired. If I persue this thing with finding out if I have Lupus or MCTD, I will pretty much have to wait on treatment, I will have to let myself go into a flare so I can be tested again, and stop taking anti-inflammatory medications, and that's something I don't think I can do. I am going to my rhematologist one more time and likely will not return because of her additude toward all this. But I think I can get my primary care doctor to put me on medication to help me feel better. That's all I want is the chance to use those medications to see if it helps. It's not that I don't want the diagnosis though. My family is so hard on me over this, my kids resent me, they say horrible things to me over being sick. My youngest said all I want to do is lay in bed. I'm worthless. My life is meaningless. I'm a faker. Getting cussed out by the oldest one for stating I was sick, and being told I'm stupid, and that my biggest accomplishment was working in a grocery store. He thinks I should work past this crap and climb mount everest so to speak. He's in the military, and he doesn't like it because I'm so weak with dealing with things. They get mad if I am not getting things done in time to suit them. Run their mouth if I want to lay down and take a nap. I promised my son recently that I would prove why I was sick. I can't do that regardless if I get the diagnosis. I didn't realize diagnosing an autoimmune disease was so complicated. Please don't tell me not to care what my kids think, rhematologist already did, and of course I am going to care what they think. And don't think my kids are bad because they are like this. They are really great kids other than not understanding why I feel like this. So what should I do, worry about what the rest of the world thinks, let myself lay around sick hoping I get the proper diagnosis, or get the medications I need next month, just concentrate on making myself better. It just doesn't seem worth it to go through being so sick to get this diagnosis.

Thanks

I have a new plan. I think I will go back to my rhematologist, if she carries that additude she had with me last time I was there, I'm not going back. I had one I saw sometime ago, I forget the reason why, but I think I will go back to her, even if she didn't diagnose an autoimmune disease, she was open to the subject of it. She said she looked for things like low white blood cell counts and stuff, well I have 4 random tests showing that. That no where includes all of my tests, these are just one's I picked up copies of. She also seemed concerned about the way my joints crack. She didn't throw it off as fibro or depression, she was open minded. She also didn't state anything about having to have a high ESR to have the disease. I am also going to get my PCP to go ahead and treat me with doxycycline next week. It's not a dangerous medication, and it helped me feel better. It took my RNP levels down by half in a month & half. I only took it for about that long, once I stopped the medication, my RNP started going back up, and I started getting sick again, until I started using plaquenil. I think these meds can prove whether or not I have immune problems, by keeping an eye on my ANA results while I take them, and whether or not I get better.