Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sore throat

Thanks

Question Sore throat

Hi,
    does anyone suffer from severe sore throat? How do you deal with it? I have had sore throat for about 4 months now. some days are ok, some days are severe. my tongue is disgustingly white all the time. can I prevent it? what can I do? I take some halls , but I don't want it all the time(too much sugar for my taste and teeth)
    I take all the regular cold medications, but it seems to work for about an hour at a time...
    any suggestions?
    Thanks

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi Twinmama.

Have you checked with the doctor about your tongue? I went through a period of getting thrush ALL the time! It made my tongue and throat hurt if left alone. The doc gave me a medicine that I just swished in my mouth and it took care of all of it! You might want to check into the thrush thing
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I agree with Mari, it does sound like thrush. I've not had it but my son has and it is an easy fix. Clear up the thrush and I'm betting the sore throat goes away as well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ruziska For This Useful Post:

Twinmama (04-19-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Another possibility is allergies. Do you take a probiotic? I was having a problem with a white tongue that I thought was thrush and wasn't but my dental hygenist had me start oral probiotics, Evora Pro brand. She also had me switch up my mouthwash from Lis*ter*ene to Col*gate. I actually had a thread about it here.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SandyR For This Useful Post:

Twinmama (04-19-2011)

Thanks

I am just reading Dr. Wallace's Lupus book and it says that patients with lupus may be more susceptible to yeast infections (thrush is a yeast infection in the mouth, I believe) so what they others are suggesting may make sense.

I have had ridiculous sore throats over the last year or so but for me they have often been (huge) mouth ulcers that appeared in my throat rather than mouth. For that I have had mouth wash/gargle type solutions made up. The problem with that is that I often can't see the ulcers myself and it is only the doc who sees them.

Hope you feel better whatever it is that is causing yours.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bunny28 For This Useful Post:

Twinmama (04-19-2011)

Thanks

Hi,
    thank you. I went to the Dr. today. didn't say anything about Thrush...and he suggested that it's probably thrush. So I got some meds for it. and I hope it will work.
    I'll let you know!
    Thanks again

Thanks

I am pleased your doctor is doing something to help you.
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Twinmama View Post
    Hi,
    thank you. I went to the Dr. today. didn't say anything about Thrush...and he suggested that it's probably thrush. So I got some meds for it. and I hope it will work.
    I'll let you know!
    Thanks again
    Hi Twinmama,

Personally i've never had this problem but are the meds helping in anyway and there's nothing worse than a sore throat from either a cold or smoking.lol

Terri xxx

Thanks

I have had a sore throat for about 4 months. some days it felt better others I can't even swallow. I don't smoke. I don't have a cold. it feels just like strep throat. very uncomfortable ALL the time! + white tongue
    I just started to use the meds he gave me and so far no change. I'll give it a week and see.
    I'll let you guys know whT HAPPENS

Thanks

Give it 3 full days and if you do not feel any slight improvement I would just check in again with your doctor. Don't wait for a whole week before doing anything
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Linda From Australia For This Useful Post:

Twinmama (04-20-2011)