Thread: WOW What a week!

Thanks

Smile WOW What a week!

Hi Everyone,
    I've been AWOL again because of the extremely busy week that I've had.
    I hosted the April event for The Gourmet Groupies at my house on Tuesday. It was set up to be an appetizer party, so I decided to make it a Spanish-style Tapas party. We also invited a Spouses' Club member who sells Pamper Chef to come and show off her stuff.
    I've been cleaning house for weeks (with Jeff's help). We managed to get the house looking great. It was especially important to me, since the Base Commander's wife was coming to the party.
    I started cooking and making tapas three days before. As it tuned out, some of the other ladies also brought tapas, so we had enough food for an army! My dining room table and buffet were groaning with food, and we filled my coffee table with desserts.
    We had a wonderful time, and I'm getting lots of freebies from Pampered Chef for hosting the party.
    I spent the next couple of days so tired that I couldn't think or move. I just vegged in front of the TV.
    I finally roused myself on Thursday evening to ride to Carmel with a couple of other AF wives for a lovely meal at an Italian restaurant overlooking the ocean - another fun evening!
    Now that I'm finally caught up on errands and laundry, I'm starting to get back to normal.
    I'm determined to not let my AI issues stop me from participating in life here in California - there are too many fun things to do- but that participation can really knock me out for a while!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Marla;
    How ironic..I just came from a "Pampered Chef" party myself. My sister hosted it and, Oh My Gosh, do I love their stuff. The salad/meat scissors! The baking pot..that is well worth the price. The mixing bowls, lettuce washer, manual food chopper, the stones for baking..........OK, yes I spent TOO much money

I am so glad to hear that you had a good week and that you are not allowing your illness to prevent you from enjoying yourself. I just love hearing good and happy news

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I heart Pampered Chef. Best kitchen line ever! I'm particulary fond of their Pump-N-Pour pitcher (probably a different name now) and the stones. I keep meaning to get my hands on their pump chopper - so easy to use for chopping nuts and onions.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,102 Posts

you inspire me with your attitude.

thanks for being you,and sharing it with us.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

I have to agree with Steve. You are an inspiration
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yes and now im so hungry hahahahahaha.So glad you both had a fun time and enjoyed yourselves...nom nom nom nom.

love
    Amanda.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx