Thread: the strange things that come with lupus

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default the strange things that come with lupus

Hi guys,
    Just wondering if anyone has experienced gastritis along with lupus? I've had an inflamed stomach lining for a while but it only comes every now and then but when I do have it, the pain can get quite bad. It's a Sharp pain just at the top of my stomach and makes me feel like throwing up. I've only started to experience this since I started my steroids last year and wondered whether its part of the lupus (due to the inflammation) or just a coincidence?! The doc reckons its something separate but Im not sure given it came at the same time as my first flare

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hey Nat,

It can be either. Many of us with Lupus have gastritis, IBS or some other lovely form of gastrointestinal problems. On the other hand, each medicine can affect us differently so I suggest bringing it up to your doctor and seeing what he/she says. Feel better soon!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (04-16-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have gastritis. I'm told it's part of the IBS. I've read it could be part of the Sarc. Either way, it's another inflammatory processes so it really could be part of Lupus too.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

I have been told the same thing as Tgal...could be either/or. Can you get (yet another?lol) medication to help you deal with it?

Thanks

I was told by my rheumy that gastritis is very common with AI issues. I've been taking a Prilosec every day for two years, as she prescribed.
    I've heard bad things about taking too much of those meds, so I tried to get off of them once. The GI problems came back worse, so I've resigned myself to taking it.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

thanks guys - yeah i take some tablet to help me with it but i dont take it every day, i can only take a certain type because every other one appears to interact with my blood thinners and stuffs my INR around. Ive been told i need to slow down when im eating haha cant help it when im on the steroids and want to eat everything in site haha.