Thread: Lowering Steroids

Thanks

Default Lowering Steroids

I get to go down 4mg on the medrol. I'm happy about it. I'm hoping that I'll start to feel more like myself soon. Because lately I don't at all. I see my rheumy and therapist this Thursday. Oh and I finally got an appointment with the pulmonologist, but not for over a month. Its on May 22nd I think. I hope that by my graduation I can be off this medrol so I look like myself again.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, InterstitialLung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 10mg Norvasc, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, 10mg Flexeril, 4mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

My fingers are crossed for you!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 1,120 Posts

GREAT news

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hooray!!! great news!
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

Could going down on my steroids cause problems just like being on them did? I've been having some strange mood swings. And I feel like my heart rates gone back up a little bit. Its only been 3 days.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, InterstitialLung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 10mg Norvasc, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, 10mg Flexeril, 4mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

Thanks

Whenever I taper steroids I feel like im on a high dose again...just for about 2 weeks though. I get bad mood swings, fevers, agitation..and an overall sick feeling. I hope it isnt as bad for you as it is for me. But either way it doesnt last long.

Thanks

Its weird. I feel completely drained still physically but Im so GIDDY. But at the same time I'm easily aggravated and keep going off on everyone because I have been having really bad headaches the past few days. I feel like all of that is just a big contradiction lol I've also been insanely hot again on and off, and its been hot here the past few days which isn't helping. And I have no idea if this has anything to do with it and it might sound weird but I feel like my skin and my hair and everything has been very oily. Probably not related but its just been another thing aggravating me. I keep taking showers and dont feel clean.

Thanks

Back to the doctor today. Hoping she says that in the next week or so I can go down again a little bit. I want to get off this junk as soon as I can. Hopefully the blood work is still looking good too. Last year when I flared bad the blood work looked bad when I started going off meds before I felt bad. We will see!