Thread: *cries* My hair is falling out =(

Thanks

Unhappy *cries* My hair is falling out =(

So my hair has been breaking alot and falling out.. I washed my hair a couple days ago and when I brushed it, I found a bald spot on the side of my head. There is a smaller one on the other side. I just found more missing hair on the back of my head.
    My scalp has started hurting about a month ago as well. I asked my doctor but she just wants to test my thyroid again... I've had it tested like 5 or 6 times already it's always negative !
    I'm so sad =(

asherah

Thanks

Are you on prednisone? When I'm on a high dose It falls out in clumps (which I find funny cause it grows like crazy everywhere else). It always seems to come back in after the dose is lowered. Just a thought...

Colleen

Thanks

No, no steroids. I take plaquenil, celexa, vitamin D, Lunesta, sometimes xanax, and flexeral (sp), voltaren gel, tylenol and advil. I think that's everything..
    asherah

Thanks

Quite a few people with Lupus have their hair falling out. Hopefully they will be here shortly to help you
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

Thanks

Im sorry, I too have my fair falling out in clumps, My dr recommended Biotin, you may want to ask your doctor if its ok to take. It has helped me, and my doc says it doesnt interfere with my meds, but again double check.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Linda is right. One of the first questions the doctor asked me was about hair loss. It isn't the normal loss like we all have, it is where the hair comes out in patches, as you are describing! I am so sorry that you are having to go through this!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Thanks everyone ! It was a shock to see my hair gone like that. As long as it doesn't get worse it will be ok. My hair still covers the spots so far.
    I always used to think.. wow i'm so glad my hair isn't falling out.. heh..
    This disease just loves to mess with us.

asherah

Thanks

Hi asherah,

I do feel sorry for what your going through as i went through the same problem woke up one morning brushed my hair to tie it up and around my right ear a bald patch, so i skinned my head short and i had a 50p patch right ontop and the patches have grown back grey but the hairdressers check my head for me every time i go but when i have a shower the amount that comes out is pure madness and brushing it.

Your not alone on this one, it's more worrying for a woman than men.

Terri xxx