Hi, i am 30 years old, live in Hamilton, Ontario(Canada) and I have been diagnosed with Lupus just a month ago. so I'm still trying to cope with this new diagnoses. They told me that my Lupus is related to Ulcerative Colitis which I have been living with for 9 years now.
A month ago I had absolutely no idea what Lupus was, and today....well I am learning new things every day.
What puzzles me now is that my family DR. didn't figure out what was going on with me and took her months to send me to Rheumatologist. I told her all my symptoms and it was as if I copied it from a book or a website(now I know it). Here is a list of symptoms I kept complaining about:
Arthritis pain ( very bad) which they tested me for rheumatoid arthritis
my whole body was in pain (muscles, joints, skin, scalp, face)
very bad headaches 24/7 (took painkillers every 4 hours for 2 months straight which helped only sometimes)
chest pain
shortness of breath
low grade temperatures
rash on my eyelids
EXTREME fatigue
and more minor symptoms like sensitivity to light etc.
and I didn't mention hair loss and ulcers in my mouth and other area because I didn't know it could be related.
I did tell her I was more irritated and depressed, etc.(which they are still not treading me for)
I had pneumonia and sinus infection pretty bad and no antibiotics worked...my doctor was confused, and didn't even mention Lupus..she had no idea so finally sent me to Rheumatologist. he sent me for a bunch of blood tests and I had an answer.

I'm happy that I didn't find out about my lupus like some other people on this website. With hospitalization due to heart-attacks etc.
It's heartbreaking reading other people's stories.