Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Other religions/Your religions

Thanks

Wow Rob that was profound! For the longest time I have tried to make people (co-workers, church family, relatives, etc.) Understand why I can't join them in some things and so often they look at me like I have two heads. You folks truly understand the fight. It is a battle Rob. Let's always fight in unity.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am a Christian. My religious beliefs are most like the Missouri Synod Lutherans. I believe that Jesus died on the cross and that his blood was shed for my sins and the sins of others. I came to my beliefs through my upbringing and my reading of the bible. I have had spritual encounters over the years. Just want to let others know my beliefs.

Thanks

Rob, that was amazing! I'm new to the forum, and I think this post alone clinched the deal from me going anywhere! So many responses, so many nice words from so many different aspects, that's a miracle in and of itself! I, am a Christian. Haven't always been, was brought up nothing (literally) checked out catholic with my ex, and didn't agree with a lot of the rules, after losing 8 babies I became a non believer of anything, I felt like if there was a higher power, then why would I sngle handledly go through more by the age of 24 then most do in a lifetime. That's the way it stayed until I was 28, when I started studying paganism, I really loved the nature aspect of it, I loved the friends I met, but there was something that still wasn't "clicking" then at 30, I went to a non denominational Christian church with a friend and I left crying....never missed a Sunday since. It took me a long time to accept Jesus (althogh I grasped God pretty quick) and after lots of soul-searching I felt I was ready and I was baptized on palm sunday this yr. I now teach children's church and help out a lot. I'm learning the bible and more things every day, I do love it. I believe in God, that Jesus died on the cross. But I also believe in karma, miracles (seen them), pay it fad etc etc. Basically as someone else said, live your life as morally correct as you can, love, honor and respect others. Be real with people and be a good example for kids and others around you. If only the whole world could harmoninze the way this board does, it would be a much better place! God bless, blessings, namaste, good thoughts and vibes (and a little shambala (yes I'm trained) to you ALL <3
    Last edited by Deemarie1223; 08-23-2012 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Stupid auto correct
    *Darla*-forever awaiting answers-

Romans 5:5 "Hope does not disappoint"

"If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have none at all-and I'm Irish!"

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Great thread! I am also christian, I am not one that is going to push my ideas on you, but i do like to share them. Church is so uncomfortable, but there are times I get a lot from listening to the sermons its just the other judgemental people there that are listening to it too. I have been a christian for about a year now of course with my stumbles off and on. I am supose to love all no matter what the belief and be kind. In my journey I have not found alot of that where I live.

Thanks

I am Buddhist now, but I grew up as a Mormon until I was 15, and have friends and family who are Mormon and Wiccan. I admire any group that has a positive community of people. I think that Wicca/paganism are interesting because of the celebration of personal power and also the celebration of nature and natural cycles. I sometimes do Wiccan rituals or attend church as a guest, as when someone I love is speaking or being baptized, etc.
    ~ Morrison
    SLE and Sjogrens
    It's hard to take over the world when you sleep 20 hours a day (Get Fuzzy)

Thanks

I am really encouraged by the kindness and tolerance I see in this thread.

I have studied many religions in my life and thought a lot about my beliefs - I think there's wisdom in just about every religion and atheism as well. I guess at the core what I believe in is kindness. The specifics don't really matter to anybody but me.

I;d never be offended by anybody praying for me or sending good vibes or burning incense or hugging a tree or whatever - I deeply appreciate the kind thoughts and feelings behind whatever action is meaningful to anybody.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SleepyInSeattle For This Useful Post:

blackeight (08-26-2012)