Thread: Tachicardia and heart monitor

Thanks

Angry Tachicardia and heart monitor

Hello all, so my cardiologist decided to make me wear a heart monitor for the next 21 days. I have tachicardia (sp?) and he wants to know what type. I feel like crap about this, I hate to have to explain to people what is it, I hate to have to walk around full of wires beepers and monitors, I hate having to check batteries all the time, I have trying to make love to my husband feeling like I'm some kind of test rat. ARGH, I know this is all for my own good, and I hope not to have the type of tachicardia that requires medication.

Theres just so much that comes along with this big bad wolf, I just don't want to add anything else to it.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Oh I know how hard that is! I have never had to do it for as long as you but I did have it for about a week. You know one of the things that we say is that "It can always be worse" so I am going to show you my "Medusa pictures". Not saying mine is worse but I thought it would be something that makes you smile!

Imagine having to walk a round like THIS for several days! LOL seriously, you can't let what others think bother you. What you want is to get better and if it takes having electrodes all over you then that is what it takes! Never forget that we are here for you and we love ya and we don't care what is attached to your body! (grins)
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Oh wow I'm sorry Mari, that must of been so difficult, and here I am complaining. Thanks for your reply. What was wrong with your heart, if you don't mind me asking?

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chikititalinda View Post
    Oh wow I'm sorry Mari, that must of been so difficult, and here I am complaining. Thanks for your reply. What was wrong with your heart, if you don't mind me asking?

LOL Don't be sorry! I just wanted you to know you are not alone! Those pictures are not for my heart although I worse one of those for just under a week. Of course I worse it when I wasn't really have any issues so it showed just normal things. Heart issues have startred up again and they believe that it is simply the the arteries that move the blood through the heart getting inflammed and spasming just like the rest of my body.

The pictures were them trying to figure out why I was having seizures. I seriously love those pictures! It crushed me when it happened but now it simply I laugh when I see the pictures now because I look like Medusa! I just believe that we have to learn to laugh at this or we go crazy. Never forget that we are here for you and really understand what you are going through. Your problems are no bigger or smaller than the rest of ours. We all go through what we go through and we have good days and bad. Never say you are sorry for what you feel. As I tell my daughter, feelings are never right or wrong, they are just how we feel. That is why we are here for you!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Hey,
    I know how you are feeling, I just sent back my event recorder that I was using to catch my heart arrythmia. I wore it for 31 days. But the good thing is that it was able to help them figure out what is causing my syncopes. Hopefully yours will be helpful too....

Oh and Mari, WOW I'm glad I haven't had to have that yet!!! LOL

Colleen

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

Mari,
    red for stop, green for go. bionic woman has a new meening lol