Thread: Fighting a flare

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Fighting a flare

I think this flare is finally starting subside. Wow, this is the first time I've held it at bay at home and it was really tough. I'm not sure about this Cellcept. I'm hungry, but if I eat more than a small amount, my stomach puffs out and I am grossly uncomfortable. The worst is beverages. I crave soda, but the bubbles bloat. The water makes me nauseous. I'll call my doctor on Monday and see if there's a chance this will pass. I am so swollen in my joints and my lower body is just in agony - either from the Lupus or the fibro or both. Honestly, I don't know that there's pain meds that would handle this way so I'm just trying to go slowly and I can't see any benefit in the hospital and I'm way too tired to try to even organize for that kind of trip.

I know we all go through these times and thankfully I think I may be coming out the other side. I don't think we sleep too well and I'm sure that doesn't help. Wish me luck. I have a few things that really need to get done. If you have any suggestions, bring them on!

Thanks

I hope your resting kept you from going into a bad flare. I've been really sick since my last infusion on Monday. I hope I have the energy to get me there for tomorrows infusion. All I can do is sleep. I've been sleeping about 15 hours a day/night and can't get enough to make me feel rested. What's weird are my dreams. I dream that I'm asleep and dreaming. I clearly see where I am and what I'm doing and in my dream I wake up and go back to sleep. I think it's part of the sleep paralysis I've been having so much trouble with. I also remember the dreams vividly when I awaken. I don't know if this has to do with my anemia , a reaction to the iron infusions or a lupus flare but I sure would like to do something other than sleep. Luckily my neighbor has been cooking dinner for me when she cooks for her husband. She said it doesn't take any more effort to cook for one more person. I feel blessed to have them to help me if I really need it. I wait until it's an emergency because I don't want to use up all my favors. LOL My cat was sick for a few days and there was no way I could get him to the vet, both financially and physically. He had been vomiting clear liquid so I figured he was trying to get up a hairball. She went to the pet store and got him some medicine for hairballs. I was so grateful!! The thought of something happening to my cat or dog because I'm too sick to take care of them is a constant worry. My poor dog needs to be groomed so bad.

After I typed this I realized I was rambling in your thread, Serand. Ooops, hope you don't mind. It was like I was sitting down talking to a friend. LOL

Allie

Thanks

Serand and Allie,
    I hope that you are both feeling better.
    The MTX makes me nauseous, too. I'm also with you on the poor sleep. I wake up every 90 minutes to 2 hours. I've read that 90 min. is the usual sleep cycle, but most people don't wake between them. I wonder if our AI diseases have messed with that?
    I live south of you, Allie. I wish that I lived closer - I would happily take your babies to the vet and groomer for you.
    Hugs,
    Marla

4. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

GoodDog (04-04-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I want to give you all some encouragement, it's there I know we all will come out the other side. But this bronchitis has me so down....... So here's my best at the moment, hugs and love
    nonna

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I to have been through a bad flare which has lasted many weeks. This time it was the lupus and the polomysitis. My hip muscles and thigh muscles hurt so bad i could bearly do steps but since i only have a bathroom upstairs i had to go. He increased both my pred and the methotrexate which i give injections 12 hours apart but it really upsets my stomach. He is trying to get cellceph approved from my insurance but i hope that will be better to take. Sorry that you are not feeling well and hope you are soon better. Bonita

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Dang it looks like it has been a rough weekend all the way around. I haven't been out of bed since Sat evening. Today I made it to the couch. Everyone remember to do what your body says if you can. Rest well, stay out of the sun and just get better!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Gooddog - you can use my thread anytime! And I have so been there when my animals are sick and I'm too sick to be able to help them. It's a horrible feeling!