Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THE weather

Thanks

Default THE weather

Is anybody out there at the mercy of the weather? the sun and heat is so hard to deal with. But now that winter is hear, everytime a new storm system moves in, I feel like someone is hitting my body with a bat. just wanted to know if this affects others as well. thank you. michelle
    michelle

Thanks

Michelle, I go through the same thing. I was hoping for some relief when the hot weather of summer was over. I am feeling a little better than I was over the summer, but my body also feels horrible whenever the weather changes or a storm moves in or if there is an extreme change in the temperature. I notice that I don't tollerate the cold very well anymore and my hands and feet almost always feel cold.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Michelle;
    I think that most of us understand completely what you are going through. The sun and the heat causes rashes, fatigue, flares, etc. The cold causes pain, frost-bite like symptoms in our hands and feet and swollen/tender joints. I could go on and on.....but you know what I mean. So, yes, we are also at the mercy of the weather.
    :cry:
    Saysusie

Thanks

But you know what STINKS? THe docs will tell you "weather should not have an effect on pain levels"

HA!

At least we all know better - and can offer electronic shoulders to those suffering from the weather in their region....

Thanks

Default Weather

Two years ago I bought a hot tub which really helped with the joint pains and muscel aches. Then this past 6 months or so I have had trouble with sores on my feet and rashes on the legs. The hot tub does nothing but cause the rash and sores to come out or get worse.

Weather has a huge impact on my raynards!

My gyn shared with me last year that she had lupus. It was nice to have someone to relate with me. Shortly after she confinded in me she gave up practicing and I had to search for a new doctor. She understodd the weather issue.

Shirley

Thanks

Shirley, could the hot tub be contributing to the rash? I know many hot tubs have heavily chlorinated water - which is something my skin can't handle anymore. Have you tried completely emptying it, cleaning it very well and then using fresh water for a dunk?

Oh I'd be lost without my long hot baths! Don't have a hot tub, but do have a good ol' bathtub that I layer a couple of mats in the bottom and fill up deep. Bubbles. Bath oil. Candles. And magazines to read!

What a pity your doc found she had to end her practice. Were you able to stay in touch with her?

Thanks

Default Hot tubs

Hatlady,

The hot tub I have is called a soft tub and easy to empty and clean. I have tried it without chemicals and no difference. I also live very close to several natural hot springs here in Oregon which I love. It seems it is the warmth of the water that activates the rashes and sores.

I was not able to keep in contact with my past gyn.

Another good day here. Your emails have sure been a source of positive energy. T/Y

Shirley

Thanks

That's too bad about the hot water activating the rashes, Shirley....

One of my other warmth "vices" might work better. A friend in Michigan told all of us on another board about her rice socks - comfortably fill a tube sock with white rice - I added lavendar as well - and sew off the end. A minute or two in the microwave and you have a warm scented comfort around a neck, on a shoulder, etc. (Even on your chest and tummy if you're just COLD) Be careful - sometimes it gets TOO hot! But it is wonderful on a cold evening

Hugs, and thanks, I appreciate your comments here as well!

Thanks

Thank you all for your messages, and support, i know there were alot of others, but its nice to not to feel so alone! there just dont seem to be any breaks anymore. i would love to find a doc that didnt tell me what im supposed to feel. i dont wish this on anybody, but if they had to spend 1 day with a full on flair. they might be a little more understanding, thank you all again hopes and wishes. michelle
    michelle

Thanks

I know I'm extremely late here, but I definately suffer at the mercy of the weather. I live in wonderful sunny florida the home of the hurricanes. So summers for me are dreadful, beause it rains EVERY DAY. Winters are not as bad as summers because it rains less, however I DO still ache when it does rain in the winter (like today for example). My rheumotologist told me there's really nothing I can do except take tylenol or the darvocet he prescribes me. He said it has something to do with the baromic(sp) pressure dropping when the weather is changing that causes the pain. If anyone knows anything more about this or if there's anything to combat it, please let me know! It's raining as we speak and I'm hurting!! Take care all!!
    I was diagnosed with lupus at the age of 14. I am now 29.