Thread: Leg uncomforableness...

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Leg uncomforableness...

Recently.. Maybe the past week or so my legs have been getting really uncomfortable/tingly at night when Im going to sleep. I don't know if this is a restless leg thing, or a medication thing or just not enough movement thing or what but it's getting annoying. It's just tingling, not to the point it feels it's falling asleep but just noticeable. And sometimes I have to move my legs to get it to stopp enough to fall asleep. It does it even if I have my legs straight. They hurt a tiny bit as well but not so much that I have to take anything for them, just an uncomfortable feeling. I've only had this happen one other time before and it lasted a little while and then went away. I haven't tha about it since then until now. My arms will occasionally do it as well but just the tingling thing not the uncomfortable part.
    Anyways have ideas to what could cause this or had a similar situation? Is this something I should be super concerned about of just apart of what goes on with out bodies?
    Note: it stops after awhile and doesn't last all night I just really notice it before I'm going to sleep.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

i have a similar experience.
    mainly in the fingers and then palms. but sometimes in the legs also.

i spoke to my rheumy, about it. he suggested it was from the lupus.
    my lupus effects my blood. i have bad circulation. this causes the extremities to 1/2 go to sleep, but not fully.
    they start to shut down.

if you have the same cause, it is nothing to worry about.
    i suggest talking to your doctor, or rheumy, on your next visit, just in case.

Thanks

All the time and I notice this especially when I'm flaring. I take amitrytiline (sp?) for headaches and this also helps with the pain and discomfort. See your doctor.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks! I figured it probably wasn't something terrible I just wanted to see I anyone else had it too. I see my doctor on the 7th so I will mention it to him then, I just didn't want to have to go to the doctor in-between then if it wasn't anything to worry about!

Thanks

Hi have this also and with the tingling i get alot of burning also, like someones set me on fire it can be uncomfortable and like steve mentioned, i get it in my fingers and arms.

It's to do with how much the Lupus is working in your system and me having raynauds also does'nt help the situation.