Thread: To much lupus

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Unhappy To much lupus

I just had a great talk with my husband. My husband has dealt with diabetes since he was 16 years old he is now 65 and going strong. That is not to say that he hasn't been through alot. He had 6 eyes surgeries to save his site but left him with tunnel vision he has coronery heart disease from his diabetes.he has under gone a triple by-pass then went back to get a stent in his heart. He hows poor balance and neropathy he can't feel his feet very well at all. Now here is the kicker he never complains he just goes about his life like nothing was wrong. If he did hurt he would never say so. I look at myself and then I look at what he goes through and who am I to whine about my Lupus. My husband said to me don't think about what you can't do think about what you can do and be greatful for being alive. If that is not words of wisdom then what is. We should all be like my husband. Good bye to everyone and I hope you all well and thanks for all the imput am going to enjoy my life no matter what has been thrown my way Thank you to the love of my life

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

I think that was the point I was trying to make with the positive thread. We need to be here for each other and help people through but we can't forget to live our lives as fully as possible.

I wish you nothing but the best and you know we are always here if you need us. {{hugs}}
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

You deal with the bad days and cherish the good and thank God you are alive to enjoy both. Bonita

Thanks

Oh michele,

What a lovely bit added to the end. It's lovely how your hubby as that out look of life and i do wish you all the best if you can fight past this Lupus because i find it holds such a tightening grip at times, it's hard for your mind to push it aside.

He as spoke true words of wisdom and i actually know what he's going through counting out the heart operation, as all that's gone through my moms line and my god the strength you have to hold is unbelieveable as diabetes is such a serious illness with so many complications.

I admire you both for what your going through.

~Hugs & Kisses to you both michele~ xxxx

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bonita View Post
    You deal with the bad days and cherish the good and thank God you are alive to enjoy both. Bonita
    Excellent words Bonita.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

Perfectly said Bonita!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by michelefish View Post
    I just had a great talk with my husband. My husband has dealt with diabetes since he was 16 years old he is now 65 and going strong. That is not to say that he hasn't been through alot. He had 6 eyes surgeries to save his site but left him with tunnel vision he has coronery heart disease from his diabetes.he has under gone a triple by-pass then went back to get a stent in his heart. He hows poor balance and neropathy he can't feel his feet very well at all. Now here is the kicker he never complains he just goes about his life like nothing was wrong. If he did hurt he would never say so. I look at myself and then I look at what he goes through and who am I to whine about my Lupus. My husband said to me don't think about what you can't do think about what you can do and be greatful for being alive. If that is not words of wisdom then what is. We should all be like my husband. Good bye to everyone and I hope you all well and thanks for all the imput am going to enjoy my life no matter what has been thrown my way Thank you to the love of my life
    Your husband sounds just like my Dad. I think I've learned how to take things in stride from my Dad over the years, and especially lately.

For me, my mantra is that I live my good days to the fullest, and I keep the recent memory of my last good day in my mind on the bad days. I tell myself there are plenty more good ones to come, so I can get through this one bad day. Sometimes they turn into three of four bad ones in a row, but that motivates me to just live it up even more when I have another good one. It works pretty well so far.

I'm glad you are staying positive Michele!

Rob

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

lovehubby (03-27-2011), tgal (03-27-2011)