Thread: Golden Girls

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Golden Girls

Just got done watching an episode of the Golden Girls in which Dorothy was diagnosed w/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. They did such an excellent job w/ the problems that she went through going to the doctors and them not listening to her. One doctor even suggested that she was just getting old & maybe she should go to the hairdresser & it would help her feel better! The whole time she kept insisting that something was wrong and finally she found a doctor who listened and and told her what was wrong.

At the end, she ran into the doctor who told her get her hair done & she basically told him off! I know it's just a show, but they did such a good job with pointing out that doctor's had lost their compassion and that maybe they should all be seriously sick & scared before they get their licenses because they would learn more from that than anything else!
    Lauren

2. The Following User Says Thank You to red246 For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (03-24-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yes i seen that episode also the golden girls has always been one of my favorite shows to watch. This is so often true doctors look at you on the outside and diagnosis you before they even listen to what you are experiecing in the inside. Bonita

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I remember that episode. Wow who would of thought that when I watched that show that one day it would impact me. Because my doctor gives me 30 seconds of his time and every time ask him anything about symptoms I am having he saids " I don't know" or " not from lupus" He also thinks that neg bloodwork means no lupus LOL