Thread: warts

Thanks

Question warts

i know this may seem like a stupid question but does anyone else get warts and can they be associated with lupus i have never had a wart before is this a new symptom excuse me if this sound s trivial but since it is the first one for me i am wondering is it the lupus or could it be lupus medication which makes me more susceptible to viruses would appreciate anyones opinion thankyou kim l

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,130 Posts

as your immune system is depleted, you will be more suseptable to "catch" something.

i have not read or heard of warts being associated to lupus.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

I am going to ask a silly question. Are you sure they are warts and not "skin tags"? Skin tags are usually found on the neck area or in the folds of skin. They are raised fleshy areas with no color change.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

I had 3 warts 2 of which have finally gone after 2 years. I was told Because of the Imuran( immune suppression drug) that would make them worse, same with cold sores. They are both viruses so it make sense if your immune system is compromised then they would be worse. I went off my imuran in Jan and 4 weeks later 2 of the warts were gone!!!! Now I'm gettin ready to go back on so we will see what happens!!

Thanks

mari looks like wart on top of my hand near my fingers but not sure since i have never had one

Thanks

It's odd you should bring this up. I'm 54 and never had warts but now I have 5 on my hands and one small one on my foot. All have cropped up within the last few months. I thought it was strange but didn't associate it with anything.