Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aches and pains...

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Aches and pains...

I am really feeling it today. For the most part I haven't had much pain going on but today is not that day. I feel like my body got hit by a truck and all my joints hurt. My fiancÚ and I had our engagement shoot yesterday and it was on the beach, it was sunny out which was nice. In Washington that is rare in the middle of march. I have never noticed a diversion to the sun before but I have read all of you having issues with it, I don't have a rash or anything from it but my body just aches horribly. Maybe it from that. Maybe it was the stress leading up to yesterday's shoot. Maybe it was all of the above. I don't know but I don't want to feel like this right now, though when do I ever want to feel like this, but today, my fiancÚ is home sick & with his back out so I get to be somewhat of a caretaker today and need my body to work right, looks like we may both be bed ridden for a bit today. Well I hope this finds you all better then me today, because today is not going to be an easy day.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

everybody has different symptoms. unfortunatelly there is no "fits all' with lupus.

it does sound as though your symptoms could come from a mixture of reasons.

in me, i would feel like you for the following reasons.
    1. being in th esun for too long.
    2. increased stress.
    3. doing too much in one day.

hope tommorrow is a better day.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

tgal (03-23-2011)

Thanks

Hello -

I know exactly how you feel today! I, too, have been hit by that same truck! I simply don't have time for this is what I am thinking. I got the children off to school, (all four), and thank goodness for my husband! Now,, i have to get to work and put in a full day. I feel like I need two extra hours just to get myself going in the morning. Please know we all know how you feel and support you - this is the biggest challenge for me,, being newly diagnosed. I do have to learn to slow down and take it easy. The problem is when I feel good, I do too much and then pay for it later. I need to learn to manage things better. Take Care!

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Good morning everyone. I too see several things that could cause you to feel the way you do. The biggest of these is something we all have to come to terms with. When one has an autoimmune disease like Lupus the wiring inside us doesn't tell us when we have had enough. On the days we feel better we do way too much because we that thing inside most people that says "it is time to stop isn't there. We just keep going and going to make up for the days that we couldn't do anything. This causes us SOOOO many problems!.

Another problem could be the sun. Not everyone gets rashes from the sun but a large percentage of us have some kind of reaction. It can be rashes, it can be that it pushes us into a flare or increases the flare we are already in. For many of us the sun is not our friend no matter how much we enjoy it.

As Steve said, another HUGE issue is stress. Stress is not good for anyone but especially people with Autoimmune disease. It can send us spiraling into a really bad flare. So you see, the there are many things that may have worked together to make you feel bad. I know it is hard to think about but you need to start making some decisions that will help you feel better. For the most part you don't have to give up your life you just need to rearrange it a bit!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I don't always get a rash from the sun. In fact I don't always get the same exact results. Sometimes I get a malar rash, sometimes a bumpy rash somewhere else on the body, sometimes just extremely fatigued, sometimes achy joints, sometimes swollen joints, sometimes just really tired eyes, sometimes a headache and some times a combination of some or all of the above. It's so crazy how it can be some, all or none. I do notice that when I combine the sun with stress I get more things then when it's just sun. Sometimes it takes me a few days to feel normal again. I've also noticed that I am more likely to react when the sun is strongest in the middle of the day then say around 4 or 5 pm.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Toradoradi View Post
    I am really feeling it today. For the most part I haven't had much pain going on but today is not that day. I feel like my body got hit by a truck and all my joints hurt. My fiancÚ and I had our engagement shoot yesterday and it was on the beach, it was sunny out which was nice. In Washington that is rare in the middle of march. I have never noticed a diversion to the sun before but I have read all of you having issues with it, I don't have a rash or anything from it but my body just aches horribly. Maybe it from that. Maybe it was the stress leading up to yesterday's shoot. Maybe it was all of the above. I don't know but I don't want to feel like this right now, though when do I ever want to feel like this, but today, my fiancÚ is home sick & with his back out so I get to be somewhat of a caretaker today and need my body to work right, looks like we may both be bed ridden for a bit today. Well I hope this finds you all better then me today, because today is not going to be an easy day.
    Ado mate,

Congratulations so far with your engagement shots and on a sunny beach, swap places.lol

The sun does'nt always have to cause rashes being in it to much can cause headaches and bodily aches because it's to much for your system and you do need to carm more as i've mentioned before the stress will make symptoms appear more.
    Actually looking after your partner may push you through it, as i did some gardening 2 days ago to move my head off the pain but i suffered for it afterwards but i do hope he gets better quickly.

Well both of you spend some nice time together and i'm shocked with the uk weather here, it's like warmth as hit we out the blue after so much rain and coldness.

All my love mate xxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Steve is so right all the above can bring on a flare. once a month I shop for my grocery's The next day I hurt from head to toe. So I try to make sure the next day I have nothing to do so I can rest.

Thanks

Yes, like Michele, I have to plan out my week so that I have rest days between the busy ones. I was busy all day on Tuesday and half the day yesterday. Today, I'm yet another one who has been hit by that truck. BTW - can we get that truck driver arrested?
    So, today is my day on the couch with the laptop and the lapcats.
    I hope that we all feel better tomorrow.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have to agree with everyone, we all do not react the same to sun exposure and stress. I never get rashes from the sun, but I do get the horrible muscle aches and joint pain and when stress is added to the mix, I feel as if I'd been run over by a train. Oh, and don't let "overexertion" get added into the mix..it is a recipe for "flat-on-you-back" days.

I know that it is difficult to deal with this current flare-up. However, we all use our flare-ups as learning experiences in order to help us know exactly how this disease affects us and what we need to do, individually, in order to avoid another such flare up. I do hope that you start to feel better soon.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saysusie View Post

However, we all use our flare-ups as learning experiences in order to help us know exactly how this disease affects us and what we need to do, individually, in order to avoid another such flare up. I do hope that you start to feel better soon.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    That is so wonderfully stated! Yes. we get a lesson out of every one of them!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~