Thread: Question about Lupus flars

Thanks

Default Question about Lupus flars

I'm trying to figure out if what I'm feeling almost every day is a flare or just part of having Lupus. I have defiantly had worse days than usual but almost 5-6 days out of the week I have pain and exhaustion. Is this just one big flare or not.
    This is all pretty new to me just diagnosed last week.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

some pain and exhaustion is normal.
    especially untill your medication starts to work effectivelly.

read some of the other threads about lupus symptoms, see what others have already experienced.

i do not have a pain free day.... ever.
    i am so exhausted, i am now on a disability pension, as i cannot work.

everyone is different.

Thanks

Hello. With my experiences,, (and I am fairly new to this), it looks like you are having a flare similiar to my recent one. When I attempt to do too much, too, I get the pain and exhaustion. I recently discovered my iron is superlow, (anemic), so that is making me exhausted. I have had an iv iron infusion and that helped a lot, with two more on the way. Good luck and let us know how you make out with everything!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am never pain free with my joints but do have days that I feel better you just get use to the pain and learn to adjust welcome to WHL

Thanks

Thank you for replying. This is a lot to take in. I am very fortunate in that I have a Dr that even though I test negative he is 100% sure I have Lupus. He has specialized in this for yrs and doesn't believe its far to make ppl suffer waiting on a positive test that could take yrs. I am on 200 mg Relafen and 200 Plaquenil 2 times a day. Its just been a week, so Im not seeing full results yet. I think one of the hardest things is friends don't understand Lupus and I have already dealt with Dr's thinking all I needed was a Psychiatrist. That is very hard when you know your body and something is wrong but from what I have read that is pretty typical in the beginning. This site has been very informative and I'm thankful for all the info yall have here.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi Froger! Welcome to WHL! There are some people that, having a major form of this disease get down to a very mild case of lupus and a few that actually go into remission. Lupus is different in each person so it is hard to know where yours is going. I will say that you have a very good start with the doctor that you have! Many of us go for months or years very ill but because the blood work doesn't come out the "right" way they keep living in pain because their doctor won't put them on meds.

I want to make sure that you know that the plaquenil can take 4-6 weeks before you really notice any difference. It is a quiet healer meaning that it takes time and you really don't notice it working until one day you notice that you haven't had that rash in about 1 month or your joints are a bit better than before. There will be times that you wonder why you are taking this medicine but it will help.

We are really glad you are here and please feel free to ask anything you want to ask or come here to vent, cry or share good news. You are now part of the WHL family and we will be here whenever you need us!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by froger44 View Post
    Thank you for replying. This is a lot to take in. I am very fortunate in that I have a Dr that even though I test negative he is 100% sure I have Lupus. He has specialized in this for yrs and doesn't believe its far to make ppl suffer waiting on a positive test that could take yrs. I am on 200 mg Relafen and 200 Plaquenil 2 times a day. Its just been a week, so Im not seeing full results yet. I think one of the hardest things is friends don't understand Lupus and I have already dealt with Dr's thinking all I needed was a Psychiatrist. That is very hard when you know your body and something is wrong but from what I have read that is pretty typical in the beginning. This site has been very informative and I'm thankful for all the info yall have here.
    Hi Froger,

Welcome to the WHL and it's lovely to have you with us, as we all understand what your going through.

It sounds like your having symptoms that are being persistent in your system, i have pain and exhaustion 7 days a week and it's a total nightmare and the pain does'nt help one bit. I've been on plaquenil myself for 7wks, you don't see no affect till getting on for 6mths and it eases the swelling and is great for raynauds also.
    You can't explain this to other's no matter how you try, only those suffering know what your going through and take no notice of the psychiatric lark, tell them to go. I'm under psychiatrist's through me having manic depression, as depression is the worst thing for Lupus and kicking more symptoms off.

Please keep we updated on how tests go refering Lupus on confirmation.

Hugs Terri x

Thanks

I'm trying to figure this out myself right now. Like I just want to get back to normal. I was just diagnosed March 3rd of this year and i don't know if this is a flare or not. My labs are okay.....but this is a nightmare for me.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by supermodel View Post
    I'm trying to figure this out myself right now. Like I just want to get back to normal. I was just diagnosed March 3rd of this year and i don't know if this is a flare or not. My labs are okay.....but this is a nightmare for me.
    I am so sorry that you are going through this but you are not alone. There are so many wonderful people in this group who will be glad to share their experiences with you. None of us will be exactly alike but there is comfort to not being alone. I know this is a scary time for you and I am so glad that you decided to join. Are you flaring now? May I ask what is/was happening that led you to the doctor?
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Hi Froger44,

How are you feeling now with your symptoms after asking about them and i hope your not suffering to much pain.

Hugs Terri x