Thread: Tendonitis???

Thanks

Default Tendonitis???

I have been to a rheumy, my GP and my neuro trying to come up with a diagnosis. I felt like I might have Lupus. I have most of the symptoms, but was not positive in my blood work. My bloodwork showed my CRP and SED rate to be elevated and I was positive for RF, but my rheumy said everything else was negative and the only thing he could come up with was a "chronic inflammatory illness"...possibly something like fibromyalgia. Then he told me he did not need to see me for a year unless something changed. I have had something odd happen in the last couple of weeks. I just woke up one morning with this terrible pain on the underside of my right elbow. I could not use it...it hurt SO bad. My PT said since it was on the underside of my elbow it was golfer's elbow. If it had been on the topside it would have been tennis elbow! Guess what???? Tonight it started on the other elbow, but on top....so I guess it is Tennis Elbow...AND my ankle has been huting so bad today I cannot hardly walk on it!!! Should this be something I should be concerned about? Is this common in those with Lupus? What about FM??? Does anyone know? I almost hate to go back to a Dr. They already think I am nuts...and I know they are going to say that this is just something that happened and I should not try to read anything into it. I do not have a physically stressful job. I do quite a bit of computer work. I have not changed anything. Same computer...same workspace...same amount of work. Any ideas? I am SO frustrated!!!

Thanks,
    Deana
    HUGGS,
    Deana

Thanks

You also have lymph glands in your elbows.

Somebody should test you for infection - you may need an antibiotic.

It could also just be where your body decided to have inflammation. It's often very random seeming. These types of pain are common both in lupus AND fibro, as far as I know.

Thanks

Thanks Ariel. It seems to me that Fibro and Lupus have A LOT of symptoms that are the same, except that Lupus is much more serious of course, but the symptoms seem to be real similar. Maybe that is why I thought I might have Lupus, but all the blood test were negative for lupus. All the rheumy could tell me was that I probably had a chronic viral infection somewhere and that he could start all the tests to find out what and where, but even if we did, there would be nothing we could do about it!!! that gave me lots of hope :? I just want to feel better and it just seems that I feel worse with each passing day... :cry: I know my job has suffered, I know my family and friends are sick to death of it, and my docs just think I am a nut case!!! I know you guys have all experienced that same thing...and while I hate that someone else would ever have to go through that, it is kind of comforting... Thanks for your reply.
    HUGGS,
    Deana