Thread: VALIDATION: NEWBIES and OLDIES

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thumbs up VALIDATION: NEWBIES and OLDIES

When i went to my rhumey this week i was telling him about this website and some of the people who cannot find doctors who will take them seriously and he said this is a diease that the person looks normal to everyone else and then till they are finally diagnosised they begin to think maybe this is in my head and some have even committed suicide because of the frustration. It takes a long time and many test to come to a definite diagnosiss but when we finally get validated for what we are going through it is a very comforting feeling. I wish everyone could have a caring and supportive rhumey like i have. Without my faith in God who is always ther i would have not been able to get by and having the support of all of you has also been a blessing. Never feel that you are alone and need answers and no one understands because we are all in this together and will help each other no matter where we live. I also asked him about the new drug that was introduced and he says it has helped some people but not others and he says it is like plaquinel in many ways so there is still some things to work out. Thanks for listening. Bonita

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bonita For This Useful Post:

magistramarla (03-20-2011), mountaindreamer (03-20-2011), Nonna (03-21-2011), SandyR (03-21-2011), steve.b (03-21-2011), tgal (03-20-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Bonita,

I am so happy many members here have good rheumi's and sad for those who dont.But your post helps me,because one day i hope i am taken seriously on the main issue im fighting for.Thank you Bonita.
    love
    Amanda.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel Oliver For This Useful Post:

Bonita (03-21-2011)

Thanks

You are so right Bonita.
    It is so sad if you think how many people are HAPPY to get the Lupus diagnosis, just because they now have validation.
    I mean why should anybody be relieved to get diagnosed with Lupus?
    It's crazy, but we hear so many times, " it's all in your head".
    For years a former doctor of mine wanted to put me on anti depressends, no matter how often I screamed, " I AM NOT DEPRESSED, I AM IN PAIN".

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to debbie-b For This Useful Post:

Bonita (03-21-2011)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

wonderful post Bonita!! You have no idea how much I needed to hear that tonight~
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Bonita (03-21-2011)