Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Homework and Brain Fog

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi sweetie! How are you doing? Have you managed to get any sleep? When my daughter's brainfog was at it's worst, she would take notes of whatever she was reading, yes it took longer to get through her work, but it did help. She still does this w/her college courses when she's having a hard time.
    I think someone had suggested trying to see if you get a tutor to come to the house & be a home bound student. Have you tried that? You could maybe try even to have it set up so that when you feel up to it, you could go in for 1/2 days. Mia got sick beginning of her junior year and probably only spent a total of 1 semester in school during junior & senior year.
    Remember, if you're having a hard time w/your teachers/counselors - they work for you. Your parents pay their salaries by paying their taxes. Don't be afraid to go above someone if they're not willing to help.
    Okay, getting off my soapbox - can you tell we had a slightly hard time working through the system? LOL (((HUGS)))
    Lauren

Thanks

They are setting me up on some special plan that will make my teachers just make me do the important stuff because I've missed so much work and it'll be on a grading curve or something like that. I think Im going to fill out the home bound papers just in case. They said I can still come in when I can on home bound but then on days I miss it doesnt go in the computers as an absence.

I went in today and it wasn't that bad just a little overwhelming and it was hard to get back into a routine of sorts going through my day because I haven't been in so long. My teacher actually made me take a test on a book I told her I haven't even finished reading and didnt even know we had a test on today. She said she'd take into consideration that I hadn't finished the book. My mom said if I get a bad grade on it and she puts it in she's going to say something. I didnt answer half the questions....Other than that it wasn't actually too bad. Some people, like I knew they would, flat out pointed out the fact that my face was swollen. I know it was kind of their way of leading into questions of why I'd been gone, but they didnt really need to point out my fat face. Just really tired now and want to take a nap!
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, InterstitialLung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 10mg Norvasc, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, 10mg Flexeril, 4mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.