Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Homework and Brain Fog

Thanks

Didnt go to school today. Feel very tired. Very down. My heart rate hasn't gone under 130 in two days and I feel shaky still. I try to nap and cant. I take my sleeping medicine and still wake up sweating. I would sleep without covers but then my Raynauds would act up. There is no happy medium for this. I dont even want to go to school. I dont want to do anything. Everything and everyone is getting on my nerves. I feel so whiney.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, InterstitialLung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 10mg Norvasc, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, 10mg Flexeril, 4mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

Thanks

Sorry you felt so awful today. Being whiney is okay..we all need to vent. Hang in there and I hope tomorrow is a better day.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Boy I understand the sleeping part I wake up soaking wet and if I keep my covers off my feet get cold and then they burn with pain it really does suck don't it. Give yourself a big hug ritzbit
    Michele

Thanks

Its so frustrating. I hope taking more of this medicine tonight will at least keep me asleep instead of waking up in a sweat.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, InterstitialLung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 10mg Norvasc, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, 10mg Flexeril, 4mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

Thanks

Hi Ritz,
    Are you feeling any better today? Did you try to go to school?
    Give your teachers a chance to hear you out. One or two just might be understanding and will then advocate for you. I shamed a few teachers for giving my student who was dealing with the surgeries a hard time. I also taught a boy who was withdrawn and "druggy" and failed his freshman year. When he came back to repeat the next year, he finally talked to me and I found that he had AVN of the jaw! I had AVN of the knee, so I sat him down and talked to him about it. I advocated for him a lot that year, since his other teachers just thought of him as a drug addict. He was a sweet, intelligent kid who was dealing with a lot of pain. Familiar - huh?

Wow, I know what you mean about the awful sleep. I can predict the times that I wake up every night from the time that I go to sleep - almost exactly every two hours. I'm freezing when I start out, but wake up drenched in sweat. Then I have to lay there with no covers for a bit before curling back up to sleep for another two hours. My hips hurt so bad that I have to partially sit up in bed to switch sides. I think that I might be ill today - the freezing and sweating has continued all morning, even after getting up.
    It's one thing for an old gal like me to have this, but it's really not fair for a girl your age.

The docs just seem to want to throw sleeping pills at us. I wish that they would be interested in getting to the real cause of our problems to give us some real relief instead of just drugging us.
    Good luck today.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

I hope my teachers will understand when I come back. I haven't gone back yet. My doctor said not to until I'm sleeping better and can concentrate. I've made up my mind I'm going to go back on Monday. I'm going to work on some stuff over the weekend, especially english. We have done a lot in english since I was gone and I haven't done almost any of it. I still didnt sleep again last nigh. I wake up every 2 hours too lol at 3, 5, and 7 then I give up and get up. And I can never manage a nap. Always so tired.

My tests both came back normal today. So we're happy nothing is wrong with my heart but still don't know what caused my heart rate to start being so high.

Thanks

Hang in there, girl.
    At least you now know that your heart is healthy. Next is the pulmonologist for the lungs, right? Keep pushing the docs to find out the real reason for all of this.
    English class can be fun, and I've done a lot of subbing in it. PM me if I can help with any of it.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Yes she wants to have them look at me because of the spots on the CT that they saw. She wants to make sure they're nothing to worry about. They still haven't called us to make the appointment yet. I plan to sometime today look through all my papers from the past 6 months. Thank you! We're reading the Heart of Darkness. I made it about 10 pages in and couldnt tell you what I read lol I was actually looking forward to reading it too.

Thanks

I haven't read that one, but feel free to bounce ideas off of me if you need to.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

ritzbit (03-24-2011)

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Ritzbit: How are you today? Still unable to sleep or nap? I am glad to hear that there are no problems with your heart and I hope that you find that your lungs are healthy also. At the very least, find out what is causing the increased heart rate and start some type of treatment.
    Please let us know when you do get an appointment with the Pulmonologist. Take Care of Yourself Sweetie.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!