Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New

Thanks

Unhappy New

Hi everyone. My name is Megan. I just had a baby girl. Savannah. She is beautiful. After I had the baby, I was very ill. Found out I had Lupus.. Then I got Raynard Disease. It is all so complicated. I am 27 yrs. old, with a new baby, my husband works all the time, I really have no friends here, as we just moved. My family is not here, I have no real help. What can I do when I feel like I cant even crawl out of bed, or take care of my Savannah. I am scared, and mad at the same time. I live in Upstate NY... I try and read all about this and it scares me more. Like will my life be shorten? Will I see my baby girl grow up.. Will I always be in this kind of pain.? Sometimes I wonder if it is real.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi Allie! We are so glad that you joined us. First you need to take a deep breath. Having a Lupus diagnosis no longer means having a death sentence. We understand the pain and the fatigue. It is part of being in a flare. There are now meds that can help to get your out of that flare. You will hear in this forum about people that go into either no signs of lupus or to a very mild version for years. A lot of it depends on getting the right meds started so that your own body stops attacking itself.

Have they put you on any meds yet? If not then you need to go to the doctor and get started on some. As for help I can't give you any physical help but I, along with every other person here can offer you support when you need it. Sometimes that makes things somewhere better.

Welcome to the WHL family! You are not alone anymore
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi Megan I am sorry that you are so scared. Don't let this take over your life. You can live to be a ripe old age and watch your baby girl grow up. There are meds that can help and you can learn to handle stress in a healthy way. Just love your new baby and be happy. You will feel better and you will learn how to manage Lupus.

Thanks

Hi Megan,

You will get through this! Your pregnancy most likely brought on a Lupus flare. I have four children,, it was with my second that I was diagnosed with Lupus. I was symptom free for 12 years until this past few months. I know I will be symptom free again, and this is just a temporary set back. That beautiful new baby is such a blessing! I have to crawl out of bed now, too, each day and I tell ya,, it is pretty discouraging. Please know we are all here to get you through this. God bless and please let us know how you are making out with the Lupus. What medications have you been given? They have made all the difference to me, but I am still not feeling up to par - pretty down actually.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Allie1986 View Post
    Hi everyone. My name is Megan. I just had a baby girl. Savannah. She is beautiful. After I had the baby, I was very ill. Found out I had Lupus.. Then I got Raynard Disease. It is all so complicated. I am 27 yrs. old, with a new baby, my husband works all the time, I really have no friends here, as we just moved. My family is not here, I have no real help. What can I do when I feel like I cant even crawl out of bed, or take care of my Savannah. I am scared, and mad at the same time. I live in Upstate NY... I try and read all about this and it scares me more. Like will my life be shorten? Will I see my baby girl grow up.. Will I always be in this kind of pain.? Sometimes I wonder if it is real.
    Hi Megan,
    Welcome to WHL.
    Congratulations to your beautiful baby girl.
    I am sorry you have to go through this illness, right after having a baby. It is unfortunate that you don't have family or friends near you, it must be hard.
    Where in Upstate NY do you live? I live in Rochester NY.
    Having the Lupus diagnosis is very scary at first. Everything sounds bad, but you will learn to live with it, we all eventually did. It takes a little while and you will find out that you have good days and bad ones.
    Proper medication will help you feel better.
    Are you seing a rheumatologist?
    My advise would be to read through some of the posts here in the forum and you will find that almost evertbody found a way to deal with this disease. I hope that you can find a way too.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Hi Megan,
    Welcome to WHL and congratulations on your beautiful baby girl. As the ladies have already said, this is not a death sentence. Find a good rheumatologist and find out what meds work for you. We have some members here who have lived with Lupus for over 20 years.
    Since your baby is still small, I would just stock up on diapers and other necessities and curl up in bed with her for the day. Right now, her needs and your rest are very important.
    My husband is from Pine Bush, N.Y. It's a beautiful area. We're a military family, so I know what it's like to be in a strange new area. Hang in there! Savannah will get older, and you will get involved in the community. It just takes time.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Hello Megan, Welcome to WHL! And congratulations on your new beautiful baby girl!
    Sorry your so scared and have no faimly or firends there to help, But there is always
    some one here on the whl forum you can talk to at any time you need to ask a question
    just want to talk ot just vent. The other lady's have already given some great advice
    and your dr's will probly soon put you on some med's to help control a lot of your lupus and ryanuads symptoms, and get you to feeling a lot better!
    Im with Marla i would stock up on all your necessities and just curl up in bed with that
    beautiful baby girl, and when she is resting you rest up with her.
    Iknow it takes a little while for the news of haveing lupus to soak in but there are so many
    med's out there now to help control it. try to rest up and there is a lot of info on lupus here on the forum you can read up on and wonderful careing people here to always talk to.
    Big Hug's to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ~Diane~

~Where Hope Grow's, Miracle's Blossom~
    Diagnosed,
    (CNS) Vasculitis, Lupus, Neuro-Behcet's, Raynaud's, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes, Earley M.S., Buerger's Syndrome.

Thanks

Hi Megan,
    A warm welcome to the WHL and it's lovely to have you with us and congratulations to your daughter savannah.

There's so many threads refering to so many things people go through with raynauds and lupus and your not alone, whenever your down as your on your own with savannah come on and vent and let lose as there's always someome on here to help one way or another.

Which ever doctor diagnosed you with Lupus should take it a step furthur and get you started on meds, to help any pain your going through and also to treat your raynauds. Refering needing help with your daughter when your not feeling right i can't help you there as i'm in the UK but over here all you get offered is councilling.

It will be lovely getting to known you.

Terri xxx

Thanks

hi megan congratulations on baby girl welcome whl family

Thanks

Hi Megan and congratulations on your baby girl. I'm new to Lupus myself and i have to say that finding this group of wonderful friends from so many different places has really helped me get a sort of bearing on things. When something weird happens or i have a question, i just get on here and ask and someone always comes along to help in some way, if just to listen and allow to vent. I have a loving family here with me, but they just can't understand what is going on with me because i guess i dont look as sick as i feel. But i come here to talk to folks who do know and understand.. Glad your here..big hugs to you and the little one