Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Start Iron Infusions Monday

Thanks

I had my second infusion today at the cancer center. It went well but about halfway through I got a wave of exhaustion to where I could barely push the buttons on my Kindle E-Book. You know the kind where vision gets weird, almost tunnel vision and you turn that gray color and have a hard time talking/thinking? I think it was because of the florescent lighting! I've had these episodes often and never put it together with UV lightening until I read about it here. I do think that's what happened. A few hours later I'm a little better but still not back to where I was.

Right after my infusion I had a Dermatologist appointment just down the street. I hadn't seen him before and just hate going to new doctors. I was still in a stupor from the infusion and it was hard to answer his questions. Plus he was a bully and I refused to play that game. He asked me how I knew I had Lupus and what had it affected. I told him he could talk to my doctor that I was there to see him about some spots. LOL That really stopped him in his tracks and he was better after that. I told him that I had a great group of doctors and wasn't looking for validation, that I already had a diagnosis. LOL Really I said that only because I was too brain fogged to answer him but it turned out to be a good approach...by accident. LOL

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Whoooooo Hooooooooo! You go girl! LOL
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

very good gooddog,

even in your lupie stupor (lol), you were able to stop that "bully" dr. in his tracks.

keep up the good work.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,127 Posts

great result
    it was ment to be
    hope the infusion works for you.

Thanks

Since my infusion Monday I've been having some debilitating symptoms that seem to be getting worse. I don't know if it's from the infusion or if the infusion caused a flare. The lightheaded feeling and weakness started halfway through the infusion and has progressed each day. I can barely stand and when I do I feel like I'm going to pass out. My skin is tingly feeling and the muscle spasms are worse. I've also had nausea, cramping and diarrhea for 2 days but no blood is showing up. I don't know if this is a reaction to the iron but have read it could be.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodDog View Post
    Since my infusion Monday I've been having some debilitating symptoms that seem to be getting worse. .
    check with the doctor/nurse.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

I agree with Steve. You need to notify the doctor ASAP. The goal of our meds is to make us better not worse!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Finding this thread is what brought me to this site. I sincerely appreciate your posting here.

Does anyone know how she is doing these days? Would love to hear from you Good Dog!