Thread: Tired today..

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Tired today..

Today is one of those days where I just don't have enough energy. I went grocery shopping (on an empty stomach... Never good) and it seemed to have taken everything out of me that I had. After carting a basket full of food around for an hour and then bringing it home and helping my fiancÚ unload it I was too worn out and dizzy to even try to eat something which I needed to do since I hadn't all day. I ate a bowl of cereal and snuggled on the couch next to my other half and fall asleep for over an hour. I feel a little better after that but I still can't seem to shake this off today. It's a relief to know, however, the reasons behind why I feel tired like this alot. It was the first time ever I could put a reason to it. While I was shopping my ribcage was killing me, which is does sometimes on days like these. I just hate not having enough energy sometimes to do what I want to do. I always felt I had to push my body beyound what it wanted to do because I am 23 and didn't have a reason before now to be feeling like this. It's nice to have a name to what's going on now. A reason not to feel useless for absolutely no reason. I guess just a name to something that has been going on in my body for more then 2 years.. Now I just have to learn how to listen to my body and sleep when it tells me to. Because right now. I feel like hell. But today will pass and hopefully tomorrow will be better. There is always tomorrow.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi toradoradi,

welcome to the whl forum. you have found a group of people who will always be here to help you answer questions. I came when i was first diagnosed, and the members here have become my best friends. this is where i first learned about lupus, and this is where i learned how to live with lupus. i hope you will continue to come around and learn with us.

you have already learned the most important treatment, "listen to your body." Sometimes i have days where i just can't get enough energy, so i try to give myself permission to rest more, and to reduce my plans for the day. If I need to, I ride the powered carts at the grocery, and sometimes i reduce my grocery list to just the couple of items that i must have at that time...when you are already tired, try not to spend too long in the grocery. remember, flourescent lighting can be a trigger, and can make your fatigue even worse.

i am glad that you have a special person to snuggle with....

i hope tomorrow is better....yes, there is always tomorrow.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mountaindreamer For This Useful Post:

steve.b (03-16-2011)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Phyllis is right. Listening to your body is often the hardest thing for us to do. As you said we pushed for so long because we didn't understand why we were so "lazy" that it is hard to get out of that mindset. I too am glad that you were able to get cereal and snuggle in. Sounds like a perfect evening!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~