Thread: Finally some Good News

Thanks

Cool Finally some Good News

Evening everyone. I hope everyone doing Okay.. I got my report back from The Derm and the lump wasn't cancer. Thank God. I was really relieve. I also went back to my Rheumy yesterday . This was my second vist to him and it went pretty well. He said that all of my eye blisters and mouthe ulcers were due to the sun and not being protected. He said one of the side affects of the Plaquenil could be sensitivity to the sun, but he thought this was the Lupus not the Med, so he put me on 3 weeks of low dose prednisone because i have a real problem with it and told me to stay on the Plaquenil. Since i really hadn't gotten my dx from him but a call from his nurse, i asked him what my dx was, was it really Lupus and he said yes,yes you have Lupus. Then he added at this time i am treating you for Lupus. Now what does that mean?LOL I'm afraid somewhere down the road the is going to back track on the dx like so many on the board have had done to them. Anyway took my first prednisone and bought some of the gel tears for my eyes and i really feel better already. Oh yeah i bought sun screen, a big wide white sun hat and some new sunglasses. I dont want to go through this again if i can help it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to craftkeeper For This Useful Post:

tgal (03-16-2011)

Thanks

I'm so happy you got good news!!! YEAH!!! Isn't it amazing how we are at the mercy of our doctors and can leave their office either feeling good or devastated? Don't think about the future appointments, just go in like you KNOW you have it and if he starts to backtrack interrupt him and take back control. Yes, that is easy for me to say today because I'm not in a flareup. LOL But I do think we all could benefit from leadership classes so we know how to get control back when they start playing with our sanity. I wish someone would come up with a class we could take and not let doctors know about it. Something for people that are sick and can't stay calm or unemotional when faced with jerks that have more control over us then they even realize. Sorry for the rant. LOL I hope you never have to experience this doctor doing that to you and if he does you can be prepared.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoodDog For This Useful Post:

craftkeeper (03-16-2011), tgal (03-16-2011)

Thanks

Thanks Gooddog, you are so right about the doctors..It seems like their always in such a hurry to get to the next patient.. Years ago i had the same doctor that i had since i was 10.. After i was grown and kept going to him he pretty much knew all about me.. He had the most wonderful personality and would sit down next to the exam table and talk to me about everything that was going on. It's really hard to find one now that can see past your check book. oh well. Those days are gone aren't they..I am a pretty hard person to intimidate though so this little guy may find out the hard way.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi crafkeeper,

first of all, congrats on the clear cancer test. I am sure a huge burden is lifted off of your shoulders.

please don't worry about your dr. telling you that he is treating you for lupus at this time. Lupus is one of several auto immune diseases, and many times, they overlap. I have lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, sjogren's, and raynaulds, each of which are AI diseases, and each one has been added to the list over the past several years. your dr. might change your dx over time, because your lab test results will vary over time, and your symptoms will be different over time....but, please don't worry. If you ever decide that you don't have confidence in your dr., then it will be time to search for another dr. to be on your team...
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Thanks Mountaindreamer,yes i am very happy with the skin dx. I was dx in the early 90's with connective tissue disease and Fibro. Then about five years ago dx with Hypothyroid and now Lupus. I dont know why it was such a shock with the Lupus dx. The symptoms all kind of feel the same in some ways. Except the sun sensitivity. I think im calming down some now.LOL

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i know what you mean,

i was diagnosed with fibro 10 years prior to the lupus dx. when the dr. did make the lupus diagnosis, i was prepared, but it was still a shock....so strange.

hope you are doing ok today...happy "green" day.
    Phyllis

share a smile today