Thread: I might have Lupus

Thanks

Default I might have Lupus

Hello everyone. Sorry if this is the wrong section for this.

Let me tell you a bit about me. I was officially diagnosed with moderate CFS in 2008. But had the symptoms for years before that. Last year my doctor said I had also developed fybromyalgia symtoms. But it was weird, for about a month or so I felt like I had mild demetia, I was forgetting where I was for short periods of time, giving out my old phone number which I hadn't used fof years, and my writing has never been the same since. Most of those symptoms have gone now except the writing thing.

Any skip forward to last week. I developed a rash on my hand. I already see a dermertologist for acne, so I showed her the expecting her to say it was nothing. But it turned out that it was a very unusual rash and she asked me to come back for a biopsy. So yesterday I went to have it and she noticed part of thr rash is purple. She took the biopsy and then told me she suspects I have Lupus. I didn't know what Lupus was and assumed it was some skin condition. Anyway after looking it up and finding its something more serious I terrified.

The horrible twist to this is I had a similar rash when I was a teenager. At the time the GP dismist it as a heat rast. But it definiately isn't now. It early Spring and cold.

So I guess if they do find out its Lupus it will mean the CFS and everything is a misdiagnoses?

I'm so frightend, I have had no life so far because of the CFS. Now it might be something even worse? I'm 25 and living thr life of a 80 year old.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I know this is hard to understand how doctors can sometimes be wrong but they can. Lupus is hard to diagnos and it can take years to get a for sure on it. So hang in there and don't stress out it will only make it worse. It took 18 years for me to finally be told yes it is Lupus because my blood work stayed neg all the time till last summer. So I understand what you are going through. Hang in there it will be ok

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Michelefish is right -- diagnosis just seems to take forever! I'm going through the "yes it is" "no it's not" stage myself. My only missing symptom is the ANA number. On my last hospital stay my primary physician put it best, "fibro doesn't look like that!" God bless the doc who will stand up for you!

I very much understand you feeling like an 80 year old. Infact, there are many 80 year olds that I have a quality of life I envy! But please, try to push past the fear and get started on the treatment. There are many people on this site that work, live, love...ie, have real lives because they have been properly diagnosed and have moved forward.

Keep coming back to this site for support. These folks are terrific and they have such helpful answers. Take good care, Susan

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello Vintageblonde:
    First, let me welcome you to our family where everyone understands what you are dealing with. Many of us have been exactly where you are. Also, once we finally received our diagnosis, many of us realized that we suffered from symptoms of the disease for decades before the diagnosis. I, personally, realized that I had been suffering since High School and, like you, was dismissed back then and no doctors took me or my symptoms seriously at all!!
    Also, please know that, while Lupus is a chronic disease and can affect your life, there are so many different types of Lupus and, with proper care and lifestyle changes, you can still have a reasonably normal life. Having the diagnosis does not equate to and end of your life....far from it!
    Please take the time to learn as much as you can about Lupus, about your particular Lupus, how it affects you, its medications, what things you can do to avoid worsening of the disease, and how you can take steps to improve the quality of your life. Also, please know that we are all here to help you do all of those things, so you are never alone when you are here with us.
    I wish you the very best and I am so happy that you joined us!!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi and welcome to WHL! You have been given so wonderful information by some wonderful people. I know you are in a scary place right now. Hearing the word "Lupus" makes us think of all kinds of crazy things, especially when you look things up on the internet! Like Susie said, there are different kinds of Lupus and Lupus affects each person differently.

As to the question about will you fibro diagnosis go away. There is no way to know that. Many of us have both (which is LOADS of fun..NOT). Just try to take a few deep breaths and know that you don't have to go through this alone. WE are here for you whenever you need us!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Hello Vintageblonde,

A warm welcome to the WHL family and it's nice to have you with us plus we all know what your going through as we all suffer in different stages.
    If you do have Lupus you don't know how strong it is in your system until you get some blood results, so try not to worry to much but venture through the threads which will enlighten you about Lupus but please keep we updated on your results.

~Hugs Terri~ xxx