Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone taken Mobic or Cymbalta?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Anyone taken Mobic or Cymbalta?

Ok. Yeah I know losing weight is a great idea and so much better for my joints. However, as we all very well know working out then spending the next day or 4 in pain isn't exactly motivating. So my dr prescribed Mobic to take "as needed" and Cymbalta taken daily which she says has recently been approved by the FDA for pain. Well at least I will be happy about the pain? Has anyone else tried Mobic or Cymbalta?

Thanks

I do take Mobic and it helps somewhat. When I had tendonitis in my arm(elbow, shoulder and wrist) last week, it took some of the pain away, but the pain in my neck and other joints, is still the same.
    I think Mobic helps a "fresh" inflamation, but not the chronic one. At least, that is my experience.
    Of course it could work totally different for you.
    Good luck, I hope it will take your pain away.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

i have used cimbalta before. it is one of the drugs "used for many reasons". origionally used for psyciatric patients. then used for depression. nowdays, due to the side effects (good ones), various strengths are used as a secondary drug.
    its side effect depends on the strength and type of primary drug it is used with.

i used it for depression, quite a strong dose. i did not like my side effect, so changed.

it is definetelly being used more often, as the side effects are controllable, and usually wanted.

Thanks

I've taken mobic for a long time. Since I'm always in pain, I thought it didn't work very well. I had to go off it for a week before a medical procedure and found out I was WRONG! I was in much more pain. My rhuemy prescribed cymbalta too at one point, but I couldn't tolerate it. Every time I took it, I got horrible acid indigestion.

Thanks

I take both it and after accidentally running out of Cymbalta over the weekend, I realized that it was really helping me.

Melanie

Thanks

I have been taking mobic for 2 months. I don't think it helps that much, but I can tell if I have forgotten to take it (the pain is just that much worse.) The same "breakthrough effect" used to happen when I was taking major doses of Motrin. I agree that it seems to work less well on chronic inflammation. It's not a quality-of-life enhancer for me at all.

Thanks

I just recently started taking Cymbalta, I haven't really noticed any pain decrease as I'm only on my 2nd week. What I have noticed is a drastic change in appetite, I barely have one. Hopefully it will help me shed those extra pounds I've put on that prednisone!

Thanks

I take both. The Mobic was prescribed when a sprained ankle started acting up again. I don't think it really helps with my joint pain. I also take Cymbalta for depression and I accidentally ran out over the weekend due to sponsoring our school prom. I hurt desperately for two days until I got some more so I think it is really helping me.
    Melanie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I take Cymbalta, the maximum dose, and I think it does a lot of good. I originally took it for fibromyalgia and it helped. I don't know how much it helps my pain. I have the kind of pain where it's almost a daily decision whether it's worth staying alive but suicide is not an option so I have no choice but to deal with it. I also take another antidepressent that seems to perk me me up quite a bit. It's a very individual choice and one med will work for one person and not another. With Lupus, it's a matter of trying different things to see what works. Good luck!

Thanks

Ruziska,

I've never taken these things but i do hope they're working out for you and helping you mate, please let we know when you can how things are going with them.xxx