Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surgery for me

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Unhappy Surgery for me

Went to Doc. yesterday and he said he will have to go into the knee and remove one of my meniscus disc and repair the other one He wants some more healing to take place before he goes in. He said it would be better for me to wait and let the swelling go down more. I asked about the bone inflamation and he said it was from the arthritis. So I go back in two more weeks to see how it is doing.He wants me off the knee till then. I guess he doesn't know me very well, me down right LOL

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

I think you need to learn to be down a little! Not only will it help the knee heaal it will help you see how over doing it can compromise you health!

Keep us informed and let us know when they set the date for the surgery
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I know i am my own worst enemy. I had to give up nursing and let me tell you we are not good patients. I was a Nurse Tech and a E.R. Tech we know to much and that makes are doctors crazy LOL

Thanks

Sorry to hear you need to have surgery...
    But at least there is a plan in place that will hopefully bring some relief for your knees.
    Wishing you the best!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thank you paingoaway it is very nice of you to respond to my post

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi Michele! Most of us are "own worst enemy". I have been"talked to" many times on this board as most of us have. Often we have so few good days that we try to do everything we can on those days and we overdue it and end up down for several.

I hope you know that I wasn't being mean. I just want your body to get better,
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi michele,

so sorry to hear about the knee surgery. hopefully, after you go through the surgery, your knee will be better and your pain significantly reduced. yuk, i hate it when the drs. want to go in and cut our bodies. please, try to give your knee some rest. the recovery will probably be easier if the existing swelling is down...hope so anyway....

i agree with you and mari.....we are often our worst enemies....we feel decent for a couple of days, so we take off on accomplishing projects....then, poof, the good days are gone, and we suffer from all of our work that was completed....try to take it easy and give your knee a rest.

so glad that the dr. found the problem, and i hope the surgery corrects everything. please keep us posted.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks to all I will let you know when I have the surgery it will be aleast 4 weeks or so.

Thanks

Anyone who works or has worked in the healthcare field can drive there docs crazy, your right we know too much for our own good sometimes. I work in mental health at a hospital and before that I was in the ER (that was making me to sick) sometimes I laugh at myself when I'm giving someone advice and I'm the one who needs the advice!!

Goodluck with you surgery!!!

Colleen

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Colleen you are so right. And thanks for the well wishes