Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Leg/Foot cramps!! Please make them stop...

Thanks

Just checked my lab results on the computer and my potassium was at the low of normal. I have not heard from the doc yet, but I will assume she won't put me on the supplement. She was hesitant becasuse of how much it has fluctuated over the last 2 months. My platelets are low and a few other things are out of whack, so I'm sure she will be calling. I'm going to try the magnets over the next few nights. I will keep you posted!!

C

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colleenc View Post
    For the last few weeks I have had painful lower leg and foot cramps, they come on fast and hurt so very bad!! Sometimes my toes get all missed shaped. They happen in bed sitting , moving the wrong way. I had this when i was pregnant and I remember the doc saying then I was deficiant in some vitamine. Does anybody have any ideas on how to make them stop or what is causing them?
    Hi Colleen,

I had those condition's your on about when i had Deep Vein Thrombosis and it was caused through a clot in my calf. So i hope you've gotten it checked out mate with what else is happening to you.

Hugs Terri xxx

Thanks

Terri, they are not from a clot. I have had many clots and this pain is different!!! I have suffered on and off for a while now. They are like a muscle spasms. They come and go on both legs!!

C

Thanks

Colleen,
    I agree - my muscle spasms are much the same. I've been describing them to docs for years and I've been tested for lots of stuff - ataxia, neurological problems, MS and muscle tests. Everything always come back as "normal". The latest neurologist told me that there is nothing wrong with my muscles and seemed to think that I was just looking for drugs.
    Here's something interesting. SaySusie posted a long list of AI diseases. One caught my eye - called Stiff Man Syndrome. I researched it, and the symptoms really sound like what's going on with me. It tends to happen along with some AI diseases, especially Diabetes, which I don't have. I'm wondering if it might also happen with Lupus and/or Sjogrens. It's a rare syndrome, and docs don't seem to know much about it.
    Hugs,
    Marla

5. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

Colleenc (03-24-2011)

Thanks

I'm going to look that up!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colleenc View Post
    Terri, they are not from a clot. I have had many clots and this pain is different!!! I have suffered on and off for a while now. They are like a muscle spasms. They come and go on both legs!!

C
    Colleen,

I have pain down my legs and bad spasms at the back of my calfs and my toes as soft as it sounds twist one way and it's not an extreme cramp just something it's hard to get your toes out off but the way i read it made it sound more like clots, sorry mate.

It sounds like marla said either the lupus or sjogren's because as you know i have alot going on put they do reckon that sjogren's is playing heavy in my system at the moment and doing a right over powering with the Lupus, it's enough to drive you made. xxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I try to eat a banana at least every other day to keep my potassium leveled. Just an FYI - The daily recommended allowance for potassium is 2300mg. 1 medium sized banana has approx 400mg so 5 large bananas has you hitting your allowance without including all your other foods in your regular diet. Too much potassium is not good for you either and can lead to stomach upset, nausea, diarrhea, and kidney infections. Here's a partial list of the potassium content in different foods. http://www.drugs.com/cg/potassium-co...oods-list.html
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SandyR For This Useful Post:

Colleenc (03-25-2011)

Thanks

Hey Sandy,

That is what the doc is worried about me having to high of potassium. I have kidney and adrenal problems, that is why she is so hesitant on the supplements. Thanks for thoses list of foods. Some of them I didn't even know had potassium in them!!

Thanks

Hi Colleen,
    I will congratulateyou mate on eating the bananas, if i try they lodge and it dow half hurt.
    I had an high potassium count about 4yrs back which affected my kidney's, now alot on the site do mention eating fruit and my hubby, yet when the potassium count came back the doctor said to me your eating to much fruit and i told him i never touch the stuff and i don't to this day, so it makes you wonder sometimes if the doctor's know what your on about.

How you been feeling otherwise colleen?? and i do hope you've had no more passing out mate. xxx
    Last edited by Peridot20_Gem; 03-29-2011 at 04:17 PM.

Thanks

The bananas make my tongue itchy!! So i'm going to try some of the other foods. I'm feeling OK Terri, Yes I'm still having the fainting, see doc in a few weeks for all the results. I have a bunch of test booked tomorrow, I have a high white blood count (it has been creeping up the last 2 weeks and now has jumped really high) so they want to see if they can figure out why!!