Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Leg/Foot cramps!! Please make them stop...

Thanks

Thanks everyone!!! I have eaten 5 bananas since yesterday (even though they make my tongue itchy). Still getting them. But I see the doc tomorrow I will for sure ask about the magnesium/potassium combo. I also need bloodwork it's been a few weeks since the last. I'm glad to see other people have had this problem, with all that has been going on I was afraid they were related to the syncopes I have been having...

C
    Oh I went from a little goldfish to a BIG goldfish, next a shark!!! LOL

Thanks

Colleen,
    My leg muscles are constantly tight and often spasm. My calf and thigh muscles look tight and toned, like those of a runner. My legs spasm so much at night, it wakes me up several times a night. The neuro was just sure that I had MS, but a lumbar puncture proved him wrong. He dropped me after that.
    All the docs can tell me is that there is nothing wrong with my muscles - go figure!
    I've been taking the potassium and magnesium for quite a while, and eating a banana with my breakfast.
    Let me know if your doc has any new ideas.
    Hugs,
    Marla
    Last edited by magistramarla; 03-17-2011 at 03:14 PM. Reason: dang you, auto spell check!

Thanks

Seen doc, she says they are probably caused from my potassium being up and down due to my adrenal problems. She did blood work to check my potassium levels and everything else, Because my potassium has been very high and low over these last 2 months, she does not want me taking a supplement until we get the results back and she wants to keep a close eye on it. I didn't know this but apparently to high of potassium can be very dangerous. So i will just grin and bare it (oh and eat my bananas) until I find out!! They also suspect I have necrosis in my right hip (from the large doses of steroids) waiting on an urgent MRI, not sure if that could be causing problems lower down??

C

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Low blood calcium also causes this. You might have those levels checked. I have these all the time. I take a muscle relaxer to calm them

good thoughts are being sent your way

Thanks

My calf muscles are like yours and when they spasm it makes me scream. The pain is much worse than in the muscles that aren't tight like this. My muscle problems are from an AI I have from taking contaminated L-tryptophan back in 1989. At first I would have muscle spasms all over and all at once, even under my chin. It was the most painful thing I've ever experienced and I'm sure glad they've settled down some. I still suffer a great deal but nothing like then.

Thanks

They are checking my calcium and a bunch of other things!!!
    Gooddog I can't imagine having them all over, thank goodness they are only in my feet and lower legs.

Thank you for the good thoughts Nonna, I need them!!

Thanks

Colleen,
    Go check this website to learn about AVN, or necrosis. http://avnsupport.org/
    Hugs,
    Marla

8. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

Colleenc (03-19-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I know exactly how this is going to sound but it worked for me while I was pregnant and having leg cramps so bad I'm sure it would have hurt less to chew my own leg off.... but what I did was take my fridge magnets and shove them in a line down my side of the bed underneath the mattress. Space them out, i think I used about 3 or four and I swear, I never had another cramp again after that. It very well may have been coincidence and it sure sounds like an old wives tale but if you're still hurting bad anything is worth a try right? I know you can get those copper / magnetic bracelet things from the pharmacy (at least here in the UK) so maybe it works on the same basis as those?
    Hope you find something to help ~hugs~
    Claire
    x
    Numpty:- (num-p-tee) dialect, chiefly Scot, ~n. 1. a bumbling fool: one who is intellectually challenged. 2. widely known in Scotland as an MSP (Member of Scottish Parliament).

Thanks

Well Claire that sounds crazy, but I willing to try anything even if it is all in my head!! Although my hubby has told me I may need a new bed, between the six pillows I have to prop up various sore body parts, the heart monitor and all the wires and now my magnets, there is not enough room for him!!! LOL I will let you know how it works.

Marla thanks for that website I will take a look. I'm very interested in diffrent ways of treating the pain associated with AVN, so maybe it will give me some ideas!!

Colleen
    Last edited by Colleenc; 03-23-2011 at 12:45 PM.

Thanks

The magnets make sense. I had a friend that use to sell those expensive magnet beds and she swore by them. Let us know if it helps.