Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eye Issues

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Eye Issues

Noticed alot of eye issues in recent threads here and wanted to ask everyone to say prayers, send positive vibes, etc.........I go in March 17 to my eye doc......he is going to check my eye pressure (I have glaucoma) and if the pressure is still high I will most likely have to have laser surgery in both eyes for glaucoma.

This is not the same as surgery for cataracts. This will not improve my vision, it will only preserve what I have left. I have already lost some vision, evidently from the glaucoma. I am using some drops right now but if they are not bringing the pressure down sufficiently, then surgery is the next option. I am so scared.

I have huge floaters (a separate eye problem) that impedes my already poor vision, making it extremely hard to read (which I LOVE with a passion) and just day to day stuff is more difficult. I have always had eye problems since I was a small child. I am 55 years old and am not ready to deal with the possibility of going blind! Yet glaucoma is the leading cause of blindness.

I am terrified, absolutely terrified of the prospect of eye surgery. Doc downplayed it and said it wasn't bad at all and only lasted about 90 seconds on each eye. I am just concerned about afterwards, what will my vision be like after the surgery??? Will there be MORE floaters? I cannot deal with more floaters. So many worries and scary thoughts are running through my mind as the 17th appt. approaches.

Anyway.......if you could please remember me on Thursday, the 17th, I would sure appreciate it. I will let you know how it goes. Thank you so much!!!! xoxo

P.S. Almost forgot, I am seeing my regular doc Tuesday, the 15th to discuss my high blood pressure, despite being on FOUR bp meds, as well as discussing my pain med situation (my pain levels are getting much worse as I age & may need higher, stronger doses of pain meds) ........also discussing these weird "tremors" that I have been having that sometimes wake me up at night, AND I want to ask him about "metabolic syndrome" which I seem to have all the symptoms of. Wondering if there is any specific treatment for that or if there is nothing different we can do. I want to ask about a cortisol blood test as well. So lots to talk to him about. I will need a clear head and a strong presence to make my concerns known. Please pray for me & send positive vibes as I ask him about all this. He is usually very kind and caring but I have alot to bring up and I hope he doesn't try to rush me or minimize my concerns.
    Last edited by porchy; 03-13-2011 at 11:09 PM.
    Live, laugh, love. We only have one shot at this. ~Author Unknown

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sending prayers your way that everything goes well at both doctors!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

i will mark both dates on my calendar. please update this thread with the news of each visit.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

My prayers i also send to you and good luck with the doctors both of them i have had eye issues in the past also. Bonita

Blog Entries
    Thanks

the 17th - St. Patty's Day - A lucky day indeed! You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

thank you!!!! xoxo I will let you know what happens...... .....to be continued.....

Thanks

I wish you the best porchy. I hope both appointments go just the way you need them to.

Thanks

Hi Porchy,

I am sending you good thoughts too.
    But let me tell you, my husband had glaucoma surgery in both eyes last year and my husband is, well, he is a man, but he said he had no pain what so ever. He had a little weird feeling in his eyes, but no pain.
    His pressure now is 16- 18 and no more eye drops.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to debbie-b For This Useful Post:

porchy (03-15-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Wow Debbie, thank you SO much for sharing about your husband's experience with the glaucoma surgery. I am the ANXIETY PRINCESS of the UNIVERSE (my mother is the Queen LOL) and hearing about your hubby's painless eye surgery helps immensely. My pressure last visit was 18 in one eye and 20 in the other. Thursday I will find out if these different drops brought the pressure down any further. The drops burn and are making my eyes hurt. I was on Travatan to begin with....for the first couple months all I had was some burning & irritation, then out of the blue I started having deep, sharp pain in both eyes. So then he switched me to a different drop that did nothing. Now I am on Xalatan which is from the same family as Travatan, and I am already noticing eye pain. I can't live with this....unless it doesn't get any worse (the deep pain). The Travatan worked wonderfully on the pressure, but the pain made it impossible to continue. So.......I guess I will find out on Thursday how my pressure is and go from there.

Thanks again for sharing.......it lifted a big weight off. HUGS...xoxo

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I also had the surgery in both eyes for Acute Angular Closure (juvinile glacoma). Zero problems, no pain. I still have the Sjourns so my eyes are still very dry and occasional leisons but the surgery took seconds and has given me no trouble for over 15 years. I promise you'll be okay!!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to serand4 For This Useful Post:

porchy (03-15-2011)