Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just diagnosed with lupus this weekend

Thanks

Default just diagnosed with lupus this weekend

I was in the hospital getting a solumedrol transfusion for my MS and doc , say that I have what he's calling for know a mild lupus. I've also have Raynouds , DDD,spondyosis,sero neg RA ( but we are not questioning this dx's because of the Lupus),hernia,colitis,legally blind,ON's PN.
    This has been one crazy week already and I haven't started the prednisone tapper yet. More joy to came.
    He also said that my bloodwork in abnormal but didn't go into detail cause in had a friend visiting . So I have to make a follow up appointment within the week. My last blood test should a slightly high red cell count but he wasn't to worried about it. And the steroids are making my blood sugar go up . So no extra sugar for me . I trying to work on that one but so far failing.
    I'm hoping you all can help me learn more about this disease and cope. I'm finding in hard to know which symptom belong to what disease. Its confusing.
    Looking forward to getting to know you all as much as I can.
    Hugs
    D.
    diagnosed with :dx. lupus and APS 2011, RRMS 2010 ,raynounds.TN,PN,ON'S,gerd,hiatal hernia,spondylosis,spondyolitis,asthma,ddd,tension headaches,colitis,vision loss
    Meds:baclofen,norco,estrodiol,statin,reglan,albute rol,asprin, fiorinal,soma

Thanks

daylight, I'm sorry you're going through so much but I'm glad you found us. We hold each other up in times of need and will be here for you to learn and cope with your multiple AIs. Most of us have multiple auto-immune diseases and I know what you mean about not knowing which symptoms go with which disease. I still haven't figured that one out either.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sounds like you have your hands full with alot of diagnoses. But this is a great start for any ? you might have. Just post the ? and you will get alot of feed back. Take care and try not to stress. Michele

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi Daylight! I wanted to stop in and welcome you to WHL! We often talk about how autoimmune diseases overlap and you are a perfect example of that. Rob, another moderator has MS and Lupus so you are not alone. You are going through so much now but hopefully it will be made a bit easier now that you are part of the WHL family.

Hang in there and I can't wait to get to know you better!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Daylight,

I was diagnosed with SLE in 2004, and secondary progressive MS just about two years ago. Any questions you may have, I'll do my best to answer. Just let me know.

Rob

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

hi daylight,
    there is a few threads that may be of interest to you.
    they can be found in lauris lounge.
    look for the "sticky" threads at the top of the page. they are full of useful information.

hope they help.

Thanks

Hi all . Today I started my riods taper. The first week its 80 mgs 2x a day. I've never done such a high amount of the prednisone and my vision is going in and out (blurred). I'm in an MS relapse right now and the lupus is probably kicking in as well just to make things a bit harder. My husband called the doctors office today to set up a follow up visit . Doc wanted to see me within a week to discuss my blood work problems but he's a busy guy and the soonest appointment was on the 29th. So the wait is not long but its going to drive me nuts not knowing whats going on .
    I'm going to check out Lauris lounge and Rob I'll get back with you with those questions . I have a lot of them.
    Thank all
    D.
    diagnosed with :dx. lupus and APS 2011, RRMS 2010 ,raynounds.TN,PN,ON'S,gerd,hiatal hernia,spondylosis,spondyolitis,asthma,ddd,tension headaches,colitis,vision loss
    Meds:baclofen,norco,estrodiol,statin,reglan,albute rol,asprin, fiorinal,soma

Thanks

Hello daylight,

A lovely warm welcome to our lovely family at the WHL.

It seems like you been going through the mill and i'm sorry to hear your in a relapse with the MS, i had a dear friend years ago who suffered with MS terrible so i have ruff idea what your going through.

There's loads of member's on the site taking presidone i'm not one but they'll help all they can and how did your hospital appointment go.

~Hugs Terri ~ xxx

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by daylight View Post
    Hi all . Today I started my riods taper. The first week its 80 mgs 2x a day. I've never done such a high amount of the prednisone and my vision is going in and out (blurred). I'm in an MS relapse right now and the lupus is probably kicking in as well just to make things a bit harder. My husband called the doctors office today to set up a follow up visit . Doc wanted to see me within a week to discuss my blood work problems but he's a busy guy and the soonest appointment was on the 29th. So the wait is not long but its going to drive me nuts not knowing whats going on .
    I'm going to check out Lauris lounge and Rob I'll get back with you with those questions . I have a lot of them.
    Thank all
    D.
    How did the doctors visit gO???
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Hello daylight,

How are you feeling? and how did the visit go to the doctor's, i hope you got some positive results.

Terri xxx