Thread: Progressing understanding

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Cool Progressing understanding

Today was my first venture into the travel ball tournaments for this year. I stayed for 2 games. I wanted to stay for the third one ut my daughter said, "Mom you have to drive home after the game do you have the energy for that if you stay". I thought about what she said and agreed to go home.

I bearly made it to the car.
    I had to sit there quietly to catch my breath and rest before I started driving.
    I had five miles to go when the waves of nausea and fatigue hit.

I called her and told she was right; I was glad I listened to her.

The purpose for this post is to share this. My daughter understands. She's noticed and she knew I slept badly last night. I forgot and was ready to overdo.
    I am so proud that she is who and what she is.

Toni
    Last edited by Nonna; 03-12-2011 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Brainfog of course

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Thank you for sharing that Toni! it is so wonderful to have a family member looking out for us. You must have done a good job raising such a fine adult!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

It's so hard to judge when we've done too much or are getting close. I have Delayed Pressure Urticaria and I can do something as little as opening a bottle of water and it will flare. Other days I can do more without a flare so it's very difficult to know when to stop. Plus it takes about 4 hours for it to react to whatever I've done. I can't seem to figure out what I can do and what the warning signs are before it's too late.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

that's wonderful Toni! So nice to be heard and understood.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

Toni,
    Good for your daughter. It's a good thing that you listened.
    I get really frustrated about driving. I've always loved cars and driving. I used to think nothing of driving by myself from San Antonio to Houston or even to Dallas. Once, I even went on a three state college visiting jaunt with one daughter, and we had such a good time!
    Now, I find that I can drive from home to the mall just fine, but if I push past it just a few miles to go somewhere in Carmel, my legs start spasming and I'm a nervous wreck by the time I get to Carmel. This is just NOT FAIR for an adventurous soul.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

That is wonderful! I love how understanding your daughter was. It is such a process. Well done.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

as much as we hate to see our children understand our disease, it is such a comfort when they notice that we feeling badly before we even notice. My daughter has done this a few times too, and i have learned to listen to her, cause each time she was correct.

yum, yum....lunch tomorrow.
    Phyllis

share a smile today