Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neurological Eye Problems???

Blog Entries
    Thanks

No its not all in your head.Its scarey when it happens.Ive just be told last week im blind in my perifial vision in the right eye top right,a blind spot.I dont know why? They dont either.
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

I am so sorry Amanda! I just hate this disease! I hate the fact that it does whatever it wants to do no matter what we do. I hate the fact that good, caring people have to be looked at like they are faking it. I hate Lupus. I hate AI Diseases. The only thing good that came out of my being sick is that I met all of you
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Ahhhh Mari i know i am so glad i met you and all the wonderful people here too. And yes AI diseases suck big time.They make you look like a fake n then you have a big fight on your hands,not with the disease (i know you do) but with the politics surrounding it.
    Love n hugs
    Amanda.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm extremely light sensitive!

I do hate this disease and POTS! I hate the fact that everyone thinks you're a hypochondriac because they don't understand! I hate the fact that just because "you don't look sick" they think you should be able to do everything normally. I hate the fact that some people don't even want to understand what we go through. When my sister was sick, I wanted to understand how she felt and if there had been a way I would have done it!

Okay, before I go off ranting even more, I better go wake the boys up & get ready for church! Hope everyone has a good day.
    Lauren

Thanks

Yep, it's bad enough being sick but on top of it to have to deal with doctors that are either dismissive or just plain mean and healthy people that can't possibly understand makes it a lonely journey. That's why I'm so grateful for this forum, we all understand and we don't have to do this alone. My greatest fear has always been being alone and now I'm older and here I am...alone. I sometimes wonder if I didn't bring it on myself because of it being my biggest fear. I don't want to burden my family and they don't want to hear it anyway, so it's the telephone calls when I'm feeling positive and that's it.

About 25 years ago I had a friend that developed MS. I was always pushing her to do things that she said she couldn't do. There was no way on Earth I could understand what she was going through. Not only was I unable to understand but I was unable to have compassion, for some reason (age?). She finally told me she couldn't be my friend any more because of it. To this day I haven't forgiven myself for not being able to understand and be there for her in the way she needed me. I really loved my friend and wish I could go back and do things differently. It does help me accept how people aren't able to understand what I'm going through.