Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rude people

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Angry Rude people

I went out to the dog park Thursday It was pretty sunny and warm that day. I just wasn't in the mood for comments from people so I left my hat and my umbrella in the car. DUMB MOVE I was out there around 45 min. When I started to feel lightheaded. I got cody my pup and left. When I got in the car I was drenched in sweat. Came home and got in cool shower. But do to my caring what people would say instead of my health I got sick. Side of face broke out in a large circle of raised bumps itched only till they surfaced then the itching stopped. Got in bed woke up with my finger joints swollen and stiff which I do every morning but not that bad. Thumbs were the worst so all day yesterday I was sore evening the muscles in my back hurt. Today took my pup back to the dog park with my umbrella and here came the smartass comments. Why do people have to be like that and why do I feel I owe them a explanation of why I have a umbrella? Sorry for the long post

Thanks

I know what you mean. I get the same rude comments for something as small as wearing a hat in school (its against dress code). People dont take anything into consideration when they say stupid things and never stop to think that there is probably a reason for it if its outside the norm. Dont think twice about what people say because what they say doesnt matter anyway because they are obviously pretty ignorant and inconsiderate. I hope you feel better.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ritzbit For This Useful Post:

lovehubby (03-12-2011)

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Michele,

You should have a little fun with it. When they ask why you have an open umbrella, just tell them that it's a signal to the mothership to pick you up before your fleet nukes the planet. Or, sometimes what I do when asked a dumbass question like that, I just start ranting back at the person in some foreign language. If you can't speak a foreign language, just make up any old gibberish, it's great fun.

Rob

Blog Entries
    Thanks

You are so right it shouldn't matter to me. and Rob you just crack me up with your comments thanks

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

LOL@ Rob. I wish I had as much guts as you!

Michele, I know exactly where you are coming from. I REFUSE to ride in the electric carts in the stores even on bad days because I wonder what people will think! I make it so much worse on myself, as you did, just because I care about something so stupid!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

hi michele i know how frustrating it can be i get strange looks from people when i use my walker and the comments they make like i thought they were for old people. or may be its because she to fat to walk on her own which of course is another thing i get comments on i am a large person even more since prednisone but i still get frustrated but have learned since becoming whl member that these people are ignorant and miss informed and should mind there own business so there opinion has become less important to me you do what is best for your health and they can go to buggery hugs kim l

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    LOL@ Rob. I wish I had as much guts as you!

Michele, I know exactly where you are coming from. I REFUSE to ride in the electric carts in the stores even on bad days because I wonder what people will think! I make it so much worse on myself, as you did, just because I care about something so stupid!
    I first started doing the foreign language trick to avoid those irritating people at the mall who stand there with clipboards just waiting to reel someone in to do a never-ending survey. I used to speak fairly decent German, so I'd just start talking to them in German and they would lose interest really quickly. Then I started using it on people who would ask why I wear long sleeved shirts when it's 80 degrees out. It also comes in handy for unwanted telephone solicitors.

Thanks

Hi Michele,

People make stupid comments to me as well,I bruise very easy and have bruises all over my arms and legs, people will say, " did you have a fight with your husband?" My is answer now is " Yeah, but you should see what he looks like."
    I also have Livedo reticularis, it is a purple fishnet like pattern on my arms and knees, people will ask me why i look so purple and I tell them, "I used to be a smurf, but the color is fading."
    Just do what you need to do and ignore peoples comments.
    I mean I have people ask me nicely, " what happened to you?" and I will tell them. But most of the time I am just tired of explaining, because most people don't know what Lupus is.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Blog Entries
    Thanks

You all always make me feel so much better about things. Thanks so much for just being here so we all can vent and get it off our shoulders. I also had a good cry that works for me too LOL

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

We are glad that you decided to join us. It is a circle. Some days we make you feel better and other days you make us feel better. It is kind of cool that way
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~