Thread: Help

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Help

Pick up my MRI report on my knee I did tear my medial collateral ligament and I macerated my lateral meniscus and tore my medial meniscus have bone marrow edema but the thing that I don't understand is it saids I have underlying reactive osteitis when i looked it up it said bone inflamation does anyone know what this is and is it connected to Lupus

Thanks

Michele,
    It sounds to me like it might be related to Avascular Necrosis, also known as Osteonecrosis. Check out this site: http://www.nonf.org/nofbrochure/nonf-brochure.htm
    There is an AVN support site which is run by a lady named Marie. She is much like our SaySusie, and truly understands AVN. Unfortunately, it costs $20 per year to be a member there, but it's worth it. (We can be very thankful for our dear Conrad here at WHL)

I had arthroscopic surgery for my AVN two years ago. I also had a bone marrow edema. He repaired the meniscus and shaved back the necrotic bone. It took a long time to heal, but my joint is now much better. Unfortunately, AVN can come back, and it can attack other joints. Taking prednisone can make AVN much worse, so I can't take steroids - ever!
    You might want to do some research and talk all of this over with your docs.
    Hugs,
    Marla

3. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

lovehubby (03-11-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks for the info that is what I thought too when I saw the MRI results I will ask the ortho on monday and see what he saids

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

Hi Michele,

Marla gave you some great advice. Basically any time they find "inflammation" it is a strong possibility it is caused by an autoimmune disease
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~