Hi all,

I'm a newbie here. I'm a 32 year old, always been healthy woman. I tested positive for ANA, anti ds-DNA and centromere in Jan 2011 ( following the discovery of a bald spot on my crown) but show no other significant symptoms. I've been asked to get SLE specific bloodwork every three months. I have a few questions I can't seem to find information for online or in books.

1) Is there a mild form of SLE ? Or is the disorder bound to affect internal organs at some point ?

I ask this because when I add up the sum total of all minor health issues since my childhood, (like fainting spells, allergies, rashes, migraines etc) it seems like I might have had SLE all the while, but was never diagnosed. Nonetheless, I have always been pretty healthy and carefree.

2) What is the significance of anti ds-DNA ? What symptoms seem directly correlated to the rise of the DNA antibody count ?

3) Is there a correlation between SLE and infertility ? I haven't concieved in 2 years, nor had miscarriages. And though my husband and I are open to staying child-free I'm curious to know if there could be a connection.

Thanks on advance for all the help !