Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just accessed Test Results Online

Thanks

Default Just accessed Test Results Online

I just logged on to Vanderbilt website and found my test results were in!!!!! Now I don't know how to read them!!! Shows I have an ANA Titer of 1:160. Is that high? It shows all kinds of things that I don't know what they mean. ANTI-DNA (SLE) <4, ANTI-MYELOPEROXIDASE 2.50. ANTI-PROTEASE 3 2.50. I have no clue what any of this means. There's more so I suppose I'll start researching. Any advice is WELCOMED!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Look for the ones that have an H or an L next to them or say positive. That should narrow it down some. There are some good sites to help you interpret the results. Here's one site.

Thanks

Thanks for your quick reply. There are no H or L but there is under Antinuclear AB....Positive, nucleolar; titer to follow and then the ANA Titer says >=1:160 . But every other test below that I looked up values for and it seems they are all within the normal range. That includes the ANTI-DNA (SLE) which I'm assuming is Lupus. Looks like I'm going to drive myself nuts trying to figure it out on my own. Perhaps I should TRY to wait until my appointment on Wednesday to have it explained to me.

Is that a house cat in your picture? That's one big cat!!!!!

Thanks

Hi Kimmi,
    Like GoodDog said you should see positive at the side but if you have everything there containing your results, type them out on this thread of yours and saysusie is excellent with result's and she'd soon explain when she's on, besides you notifying her on her profile, she's the next to a good doctor anyway.

Terri xxx

Thanks

Yep, a 25 pound Main Coone. He's gone on and I sure miss him. I miss me, too. I wish I still looked like that instead of all puffy and hairless. LOL

Thanks

OH I'm so sorry he's gone on. I hear ya with missing yourself. ME TOO! I miss the ole me.

Thanks

TEST RESULTS as follows:
    Antinuclear AB: Positive, nucleolar; titer to follow
    ANA Titer: >=1:160
    Anti-DNS (SLE): <4 (holding cursor over this msg says Neg <25 Pos >25)
    ANCA(Vasculitis/WEG): Negative

C3 Quantitative Blood: 172 (holding cursor over this msg says 88-201)
    C4 Quantitative Blood: 28 (holding cursor over this msg says 15-45)
    C-Reactive Protein: 2.5 (holding cursor over this msg say 0.0-10.0)
    Ab-RNP: <0.10 (holding cursor over this msg says index) I don't know what index means?
    SCL-70 AUTOABS EIA: <0.10 (holding cursor over this msg says index)
    SM (SMITH) AUTOABS EIA: <0.10 (index)
    SSAIgG: <0.10 (index)
    SSBIgG: <0.10 (index)

Can anyone (SAYSUSIE?) tell me what this might mean? From what I can gather all I can tell is that I'm postive for autoimmune something. I'm taking a deep breath now and going to calm myself down LOL

Thanks

It looks like you had an ANA with reflex...in your case, an ANA titer of at least 1:160 was needed to trigger them to do the further tests you lised below.

So you know that your titer is at least 1:160, which isn't really high but high enough to count towadrs a lupus diagnosis. But the rest of your antibody tests lok to be normal.

Diagnosing lupus can be difficult...that positive ANA only helps so much, especially since they didn't give you your exact titer (it could've been a marginal 1:160,or it could've high enough to strongly suggest lupus or a lupus-like disease). I don't know why your doctor didn't pay a little extra to get the exact titer, but I hope that they can put the tests together with your symptoms, histoery, damily history, exaination, etc. and come up with some kind of answer for you.

Good luck.
    --Dar
    Neuropsychiatric (aka CNS) Lupus

Thanks

Thanks Dar. I just had my appt today. He is brushing me off. He said no Lupus, no scleroderma and that I'm fine! GRRRRR! I'm relieved but madder than all get out and tired of hearing doctors say there is nothing wrong with me. Why do I have ALL the symptoms I do if I'm ok! What do I need to do, keel over dead in my shoes to get a doctor to help me?! OH GEEZ! I'm beyond frustrated. He said even people who have nothing wrong with them can have a positive ANA. Ok so maybe that's possible, BUT do they also have gobbs of symptoms. I just don't know what to do or where to go from here.

Thanks

Oh kimmi I'm so sorry. Many of us have been in your shoes and it just isn't right. I wish docs could spend just a day in our shoes before discounting us. I can't even remember how many years I've spent leaving the doctor's office feeling the way you do and I truly am sorry. I don't understand it and for me it took away a lot of my self confidence and assuredness and no human should have the power to do that to another person, but they do. My friend and I have a theory. I think I remind male doctors of their ex-wives and they can't get past that. Probably because their second wives are much younger and healthy. I'm an example of the woean they despise; older, overweight, lazy, nags and doesn't give them B*s. So instead of seeing that I'm sick they see me as being "one of those women". Since I've been going to women doctors I've not experienced the same treatment and am much happier with the care they give me. Is it possible for you to find a woman doctor?