Thread: working and lupus

Thanks

Default working and lupus

How are we supposed to do it?
    I am writing my dissertation, teaching, and trying to manage my lupus- anyone else?
    Balancing a similar load?

Thanks

Hi Marnialyson,

Welcome to the WHL, sorry i'm not doing your balancing load but there's quite a few member's on the site who still work and have children besides and find it quite alot with the Lupus.
    It's just one of those diesease's that actually tire you out but the more rest your able to get is better. Someone will answer to you more in due course, as i've not been able to work of 20yrs besides lupus i have seizure's and other ailments and the lot just wares me down.

It will be nice getting to know you. Terri xxx

Thanks

Welcome to whl family please feel free to look around and ask any questions you need look forward to chatting soon hugs kim l

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi, welcome to the family!
    I guess I'm one of the few who do the balancing act. I do accounting because of various reasons; I wake at 5 am; off to work(accounting) by 8. It's an hours drive with traffic. I get off at 6. I come home to my teenage grandchildren. And right Now I'm relaxing on my bed. My best hours are in the morning and I slow down around 4. Weekends are filled with football, softball and choir. Unless I flare badly then I'm stuck in the house.

How do I do it? I don't know; the last two weeks have been hard as I got sick with a cold to bronchitis. The plaquinel and methotrexate has helped actually. I didn't crap out until 5 today.
    You do what you have to do. You push through and "get 'er done!"

but welcome read and ask questions. Listen and learn, we all do.

Nonna

Thanks

Well my day sounds like Nonnas, except change the grandkids to kids, the work to a hospital with mental health patients add 2 dogs, 2 stepkids (that are on the own now) a grandbaby on the way blah blah blah.... I have been sick with Lupus for almost 4 years and I currantly on only my second sick leave becasuse they won't let me drive due to syncope episodes or I would be there now), however I have had many blood clots, gone to work for months hooked up with an IV bag, gone back to work 2 days after being relased from the hosptial with sepsis and you may say I'm crazy and maybe I am, but it is the only thing that has given me somewhat of a "normal" life. I love it because it takes my mind off of being sick!! And yes sometimes all I can do is fall into bed when I walk in the dooor. I have even be know to go a catch a nap in a vacant patient room or on a stretcher when I worked in the ER. As Nonna said "you push through and get er done"!!

Colleen