Thread: Chiropractor/Bone Spurs

Thanks

Default Chiropractor/Bone Spurs

I went to a local chiropractor that advertised that her mom had lupus and that chiropractic care made her symptom free. It was $32 for the first visit, so I made an appointment to check the place out. I would do almost anything to be "normal" at this point. There were a couple of problems (of course) - they didn't seem very knowledgeable about her "mom's" condition; they required you to pay for 50 some visits upfront; and the type of chiropractic that they practiced (called Network Spinal Analysis) was apparently indescribable.

But in this process, they did an x-ray of my back and spine. They reviewed the x-ray with me and showed me six bone spurs - two in my neck, four in my spine. My research on the internet all points to osteoarthritis which I thought didn't exist with lupus. My new (and real) chiropractor tells me I'm too young (surprise, surprise). My appointment with the Rheumatologist isn't until the end of the month.

Have any of you been diagnosed with spinal bone spurs?

Thanks

Hi SilverLioness;

Haven't been dx'd with bone spurs, but I do know that you can have osteoarthritis and lupus. My rheumy says the achey feet and creaky knees I get are from osteo, not lupus.

Ask your medical doc as well. It sounds like the chiropracter's office was using the "Mom has lupus" as a come-on to get business. Some chiropracters are very good, I'm a bit suspicious about the one you went to, though!

Thanks

Thank you. Makes more sense for me if you can have both. Yeah, I got the same impression from the "chiropractors." I felt they were kind of trying to prey on the desperate.